Moto GP There could/will be spoilers!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Apr 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    just watched the post race conference,he is such a nice guy that he thanked Dovi for all the help he has given him throughout the season and said he has been treated like a brother by him,he felt bad about taking points of Dovi ,but everyone was happy for him including Dovi and Marquez.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    bat.PNG

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Yeah, so happy for Petrux, he deserves the win for all the hard work he’s put in.
    I did think that Marquez was putting on a bit of a fake smile though and some of his comments did seem a bit forced, if you know what I mean.
    He said that he stayed back and was thinking of the points in the last lap, but it looked to me like he was trying all he could and couldn’t make the pass stick.
    I just get the impression that he was being a bit of a petulant child because he’d been beaten ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Marquez is always going to want to win, a few years ago he would have tried even harder and possibly crashed, but he has matured slightly, which is even more of a worry for the rest off them! but If anyone else was going to win he would be glad it was Petrux and not Dovi

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I must admit to being a mahoosive Rossi fan,although he is still capable off the odd race win his dominance is definitely waining.
    Now as much as I hate to love Marquez his ability,without sportsmanship is above any before.

This man needs to be more lovable to achieve the the greatness of the top man in my eyes Mr Valentino Rossi

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I think Vale is a one off in terms of Charisma,although I'm not sure if you need bucket loads of charisma to be great? I personally think Marquez is a likable guy,and barring injury he will break not only Rossis number of titles but possibly even Agostinis, and in an era where the competition has arguably never been tougher

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    No argument there, but I just don’t think he’ll ever get the following of Rossi.
    I totally agree that he’s probably going to go further with titles and as said previously his ability is way above anyone before.

But likely he’ll be remembered like Stoner, Biaggi, Doohan levels.
    the legendary will always be the Hailwood, Swantz Rossi they all have that extra piece of the puzzle

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Only time will tell, but every year there is more and more red at the GPs

• Like Like x 2
  9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Everyone loves a winner :rolleyes::rolleyes: look at any sport and you'll find those at the top of the tree have a far bigger following, and when they start to tumble down the order those followers seem to disappear only to reemerge following the next top flight sensation ;);)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Again agreed but Rossi has had a huge following since the early 125cc days whereas the likes of Biaggi and to a lesser point Marquez slowly build

11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #291 Dougie D, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Even with the Lorenzo crash it was a good race,the futures looking good with young guns like Quatararo,Rins & Vinales all more than capable of giving Marquez a run for his money..Marquez might have to up his game:eek::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    10 consecutive wins at the Sachsenring Moto GP for the king of the ring!
    Vinales has the Yamaha working for him now good 2nd for him after a win last time out, shame about Quartararo and Rins crashing out as they would have been right in the mix,Marquez the younger has obviously been given some tips on taming the ring from big bro, well done to him

13. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Why oh why did I look at this thread.

No more BT sport have to wait for highlights on Quest :joy::joy:

14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Sorry,..at least you won't do it again though!

15. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    :sob:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    That’s too true :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    What an absolutely cracking qualifying for Marquez,..If you didn't see it he went out on slicks when the track was still wet and he got pole by a big margin..then it started to rain while he was still on slicks he pushed even harder, everyone thought he was going to bin it...but he went even faster even although he was already safely on pole,.he didn't need to take all this risk with being 50 points ahead in the championship it could have all went tits up but at times he just can't help himself..bloody exciting viewing though!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Without a doubt he is the best there has ever been, he has taken riding to a new level. I used to say Rossi was the GOAT but MM is unstoppable and every record will be his soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. nigelrb

nigelrb Member

Jul 27, 2019
    Worcester, UK
    And yet another great display today! (Also from AM73)

• Like Like x 1