Moto GP There could/will be spoilers!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Apr 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I was quite happy to pay £5.00 a month to see the races live. I'd pay more if I had too as I hate watching just the highlights , I love watching all the free practice and qualifying as well as the races. I don't pay for any other services ie Sky etc so I reckon it's a bargain:)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I must admit, I did a Sir Trev and cancelled on principle and missed it ever since,
    I have heard Sky are going to do a deal with BT so here’s hoping

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    #264 Glyn Phillips, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Not a brilliant GP yesterday, but I really felt for Cal getting a ride through for a "Jump Start" (Cost him 25 seconds:() i saw the side on view in slow motion and it didn't look like one to me..very harsh decision no wonder he isn't happy

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    What race did you watch that I didn’t? Excluding Marquez the race for second was great.
    I think everyone is looking at Marquez without realising this is quite probably the greatest racer of our generation,and I’ve been following GP’s since the Swantz era.

Plus awesome to see the race for second was secured by the former greatest racer of our generation.and that’s not disrespectful it’s just Marquez has moved the game another level upwards

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    There was a several overtakes for 2nd place but It wasn't what I would call a nail biting race? I'm sure there were battles going on further down the field but I didn't see much.for a long time Schwantz was my favourite..until I saw Marquez in the 125s it was obvious even then that he was something special

• Like Like x 1
  8. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Well,beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I really enjoyed that race but found Qatar uneventful.
    The best part of bikes is always what one man sees another doesn’t, even when riding the same bike

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Still enjoyed the race even although i didn't think it was a classic,I must admit I prefer when there are multiple guys battling with each other and plenty of fairing bashing!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #270 Dougie D, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    When will the commentators learn that you can never predict what will happen in MotoGP, they were all guessing who would be 2nd:rolleyes: after MMs unfortunate off the race turned into a cracker,well chuffed for Rins, i think this year could well be Rossis best chance of getting his 10th title,all it takes is Marquez to have another few DNFs ..or the chain coming off again,seems wierd that it happened to Lorenzo too:confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    What a fantastic moto3 race, we’ll leave it at that for the time being :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The title of this thread is..Moto GP There could/will be spoilers! if they havn't seen the race they shouldn't be looking here!
    great moto 3 like you say Dave, Keith hewan is brilliant when he gets all excited and hats of to him for not saying an Englishman won!
    I think Quartararo could well be the guy to stop Marquez's dominance,just think if he wasn't unlucky in qualifying ..Le mans would have erupted if he had won!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I was waiting for you to post something first Dougie just in case you hadn’t seen the race or the result as John is a member of your tribe ;):)

Fantastic win for John and the team, a really nice guy and top professional, he deserved the win.

Keith H I like and can remember him in his race days, he really does get excited and I think he’s a big plus for bt sport.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i remember Keith when he was commentating on Foggy..i can still hear him now shouting "Foggy"!!I only really got into bike racing when Sky tv came along, so I don't remember him racing,i couldn't believe the coverage and the footage Sky tv were showing,up until then all i saw was the odd bit on tv, with a few cameras dotted around the circuit..i remember Barrys famous "Wave" to Kenny though:D

• Like Like x 1
  15. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I haven’t watched it yet, but this thread is like “turn your back please mate, my sisters getting changed...”
    Yeah, right... no peeks!!! Ha ha ha!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Theo88

Theo88 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2018
    London
    Me and dad took our street triple and speed triple to Le Mans for the race, can highly recommend it for a good ride out, even got to ride some of the 24hr track on our way to the grandstand!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Loved that BSB at Donnington,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    #278 Yorkshireman, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Nice to see a new name being the 50th race winner ;)

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Nail biting stuff, I enjoyed it more than the Road Racing and the Moto GP

20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    what a brilliant motogp ,really happy for the winner, i'll have to look out for the post race press conference as it should be good

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1