Moto GP There could/will be spoilers!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Apr 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Not the most exciting race but it had it's moments, i thought for a while the suzuki boys were going to come together, great fight between them for a few laps and it was good to see them both get good finishes,i felt sorry for Dovi again but it was good to see Pedrosa apologize to him, Dani must be one of the nicest racers and I'd love him to win at least one moto gp title, the little guy has had a lot of bad luck in previous years,he must be the only rider to win as many gps as he has and not win the title,Rossi unfortunately wasn't able to fight for the win and lost the front,that's 1 DNF for both Rossi and Lorenzo so they can't afford to have another non finish otherwise Marquez will be away with it..unless Marquez has a DNF..
    but today he was on fire and back to his 2013/2014 best. Can't wait for Jerez in a fortnight :)

2. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    Have to agree with all that. I was gutted for Dovi. He seemed luckily to get away unhurt after Danni's bike slammed into the side of him. I hope Marc doesn't run away with it this year, it got kind of boring a couple of years ago when he did that. Please for Reading though, he deserved that and Laverty was impressive as well

3. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yeah and Dovi has been riding really good too,but like one of the guys on bt sport said if Lorenzo does join Ducati it will probably be Dovi he will replace :(

4. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    I was really surprised when they said Dovi might be the one to go. Might leave him free for a Suzuki seat though. But who would replace Jorge at Yamaha. I would be surprised if Danni keeps his Honda seat after so many years without a championship win. Could be a very interesting time coming up

5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i'm guesing Vinales would be thier number one choice,it does make it interesting right enough when everyone starts moving about

6. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Well according to motogp.com,Lorenzo has signed for Ducati for 2 years. The merry go round has started.

7. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yes it's official now,i also hear through the grapevine that Ducati are doing away with the winglets next year,i can't understand that as since they have had them on they have been performing a lot better,strangely the winglets don't seem to make any difference to the other manufacturers

8. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    i think there is a bit of a push to try and get rid of the winglets on safety reasons, they are worried incase they slice someone. I think it was Danni who brought it up.?

I hope Jorge can do the business on the Duke, looking forward to seeing him on it. It's a different bike to the one Rossi rode so fingers crossed for a good showing. Be nice to have a mix up though next year, it feels like it's stagnated for a while with the top riders staying put. Big question is who is getting the boot from Ducati.? My monies on Dovi

9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    you're right i did hear something about that,mind you those Ducati wings seemed to be getting bigger and bigger! It's a pity they they don't have 3 factory bikes so no one needs to get the boot
    Have you been watching any of the wsb? that looks as if it's going to be a really exciting season

10. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    At the minute it looks like Dovi will be the one to go, but if Iannone keeps playing skittles they may reconsider. Imagine him taking Lorenzo out next year,mmmmmmmm. Shame, Dovi has done well really, he has helped get the Duke to where it is now.
    Those wings should have been banned straight away, it aint F1,ok nobody has been hurt by them......yet, but we have seen what they can do, ie Marquez's camera the other week. They could give a real nasty injury in an accident.

11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Jerez qualifiying was really close, next to nothing between the top 3...Rossi on pole, 2nd Lorenzo, 3rd Marquez, it's looking as if it's going to be a classic tomorow! :D:D:D:D

12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    oh well the race didn't meet up to expectations good to see Rossi get a win, it's just a pity Marquez and Pedrosa were struggling on the Hondas and Lorenzo seems to still be struggling with the michelins ,was good to see Sam win the moto 2 though

13. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    Sam did real well. Hope he keeps it up. The main race wasn't the most exciting but it was good to see Rossi put on a brilliant display. Felt sorry for Redding, nothing seems to be going his way at the moment

14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The best race as usual was the moto 3,Brad Binder starting from last on the grid and passing 35 riders to win wow!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    that was amazing. Guy really deserved that win

16. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Brno Moto 3 Yes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D well done "The Wee Mcphee" :):):):)

17. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Damn damn our broadband is really slow about 1meg so so have trouble streaming some stuff, and we have trees blocking our satellite positioning so we can't have sky. BB is BT but a business one so we can't get the sport, and will be for another 18 months!! On the plus side when it goes down they fix it quick and I get to speak with their call centres in the UK.

18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    It just gets better, 35 years since the last brit won a race in the premier class..well done Cal! :):):):cool:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Fantastic results.

For someone who's been watching road racing since 1964 these results are up there with the best that I can think of.

Why,,,,,,, we've had 2 race winners who were underdogs and a 3rd also.

Fantastic and congratulations to all concerned :cool::)

Dave.

• Like Like x 3
  20. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    Who watched it ??....saying nowt incase its been recorded......

but if you did tape it...... don't delete it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!