Moto GP Silverstone

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by billyandmollysdad, Aug 30, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Me and my Mrs Janey had a day out at the practice day yesterday. It's 20 years since i was at Silverstone, and, i have to say we were mega impressed ! Everywhere we turned, there was food stalls, toilets, and trade/t shirt stalls etc, all mega expensive i have to say, but a lot better than most places i have been in the recent past.
    The last Grand Prix i went to was Donnington in the 2 stroke days !! :eek: So, to see and hear a Moto GP bike was awesome, those things are something special.
    We did'nt want to come home at the end of the day, even considering getting rid of my pride and joy - my Audi A3, and my Kawasaki ZRX1100, to fund a motorhome, so we can take in a few more events...
    I am a massive bike racing fan, and figure it would be better watching 'live' than sat in front of the telly, while we still can.
    Now hoping Scott Redding has a great race :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. 2wheeledant

2wheeledant Member

Aug 10, 2014
    South Shields
    Sounds like it was fun! Last time I was at a GP was 4 years ago at Assen, I actually was knackered & fell asleep......friends will never let me
    forget it either!

• Like Like x 1
  3. i wish we were still there....drinking beer, and watching Toseland :upyeah:

4. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    Silverstone is not the place to watch a MotoGP race, its to big, with very limited views and the track is miles away from where you watch.

Silverstone sucks, I have watched GP's there and on one occasion bought Paddock tickets, ended up moving to Club as all we could see due to the fencing was 100 meters of track and there was no large TV screen to watch the action.

65000 there today, yet at Donnngton, there were regularly more than 100K watching.

MotoGP is now almost as boring as GP, either Marquez is going to win or Marquez is going to win......boring.

5. I dont think it's boring.....
    yes, it has been in the past, for quite a long time, but this year has been good so far. Marquez is beatable, and i think round by round, the rest are getting closer to beating him.
    I wonder what the circuit of Wales will offer ?

6. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    do you seriously think it will be ready in time??? I recall the fiasco of donington a few years ago. deja vu

marquez could def be beaten by lorenzo on equal machinery but that aint gonna happen now. lorenzo is so much smoother

7. i reckon 2-3 years before a wheel is turned in anger...
    And, i think Rossi can beat Marc as well as Lorenzo, and obviously Dani has beaten him already

8. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    No way.

Rossi was behind both Lorenzo and Marquez at the Brit GP with nothing between them other than an increasing time gap, sadly it is not a case of beating either Lorenzo or Marquez, its a case of them loosing by having a bad day.

Yesterday Marquez played with Lorenzo, and by his standard he had a bad day because Lorenzo could see him cross the finishing line.

Its a one man year in Moto GP.......each has been an OK race until the tyres go off and there is only Marquez who can ride on the canvas and if he looses it will be because he has bike issues