Mother Earth vs Mother Lucas vs MF

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by 77bonnie, Dec 28, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 77bonnie

77bonnie Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Gulf Shores, Alabama
    You Brits call it "Earth" while we Americans call it "Ground." Most of the time I use not Mother Earth (ME) but MF when I am working on my 77 Bonnie. Non the less, after screwing around for weeks at a time trying to uncover the secrets of Mother Lucas, I have come to the dire conclusion that if I do not pay homage to Mother Earth I am completely screwed trying to get the electrical system to work. So no matter whether you religion requires you to wear a yarmulke, pray to Jesus or wear a towel on your head and have you ugly fat wife cover her face in public, you'd better get on your knees every night before going to sleep and pray to Mother Earth for a good connection.... Safe Riding in 2016 and pray America last one more year of Obama.

2. 77bonnie

77bonnie Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Gulf Shores, Alabama
    If you retire and need something to occupy you mind 24 hours a day, then I would suggest taking the plunge and purchasing that old single thump-er. Otherwise, if you have a life, don't bother.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Hey the Trophy is the twin brother of the Starfire,had one in 75 and had more fun on that than on any other bike before or since. They are easy to work on,parts are not too bad in price and readily available, and they do not cost the earth. I too have been looking at a Trophy recently and just need to get the funds together. I also like the later oil in frame models, Trailblazer/Gold Star (yeah right,lol). A mate had one and it used to fly, he was a bit,ok a lot, lighter than me plus I had the mrs on the back but he was keeping up with me on my A65 Rocket, sometimes anyway.lol. Dont knock em.

And we grew up with Joes electrics, you could get bits anywhere, even car spares shops for some things like condensers,points etc. It did help tho that my neighbour worked at Lucas's and had a cupboard full of stuff in his garage

• Like Like x 2
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I was going to ask if there was enough space under the seat for them, then it clicked...theyre not for the camper bike but for the kitchen.

5. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Just for you we'll pretend you posted it
    image.jpeg

6. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  7. crispey