Motad Exhausts Gone Bust

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tigcraft, Aug 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Just about to get a link to send to someone about exhausts and Motad - Venom have stopped trading!! That’s come as a shock as it was such a big enterprise as they used to be the oem exhausts for Triumph. It’s actually over a year ago when they shut down! Anyone else knew about them?

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I never bought a motad system but I know they were quite popular in the 80’s when standard exhausts were made of monkey metal and rotted out after a year or so. They were always a bit conservative in design and very quiet which wasn’t always what people wanted (think Micron, Piper, Alfa, Kerker etc) and when bike manufacturers started making their exhausts out of stainless and other longer lasting materials the need for a full, quiet system, must have reduced drastically. Sorry to see them go for all who were concerned.

3. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Monkey Metal....... Like it :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    It’s a phrase coined by a chap I used to work with in the late 70’s when I asked him if he could weld up the exhaust on my TS 185 after it blew itself to bits :eek: