Mot - Pillion & Indicators

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, Feb 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    So I have removed pillion hand hold strap from bench seat and the pillion foot rests as I’m neither insured or ever plan to take a passenger

Question is does this constitute an MOT Major fail

If I had a cowel it would be classed as a single seater, the fact there is space on my seat for a pillion makes me think it will fail

Also I plan to fit tiny but very bright led indicators (M-Blaze Pin) and relocated them with a rectifier bracket, all good but MOT regs say the front need to be 240mm apart and the rear 180mm apart neither of mine meet this, doh

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi Repooh, sounds like you have answered your own question re whether it will fail or not. Maybe you could go to your local MOT station and ask the question..... the only other choice I guess is to book it in and see what happens.
    Wessa

3. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    Its easy to fit the pegs, get the test, take them off again...
    As regards indicators, maybe find a sympathetic bike shop and see how far you can go ..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Looks like the indicators are fine and the foot rests ( pillion) need a cowl on the seat to be exempt. Like you said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Pilion bits quick and easy

I going to press on with indicators, if it fails its only a couple of hours to retro fit

Thanks for your input chaps and chappets

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Nothing to loose Repooh unless you get pulled by the police on the way to the MOT test and they spot your indicator mod.
    Will there be a lot of difference in the indicators dimensions now and after your mod.

7. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    The M-Blaze Pins are small, imagine a thimble very bright however, we’ll see one I’ve fitted them, I’ll keep the stockies in case Mr Anal MOT dude has an issue

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Is this them?

maxresdefault (1).jpg

9. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Yep, titchy tiny, I’m sticking mine on my Motone tail tidy

10. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Don't forget with a two seater the chainguard becomes part of the mot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Troy92

Troy92 Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Leicester
    I had my r6 failed because I had the rear seat and no pegs. It needed brakes discs changing so wasn’t to fussed. A year later I go to a new mot station and remembered once I took it in. When it passed I mentioned it and they said it’s bollocks for them to pass it because of that.

• Like Like x 2