Featured Most Comfortable Bike Ever

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by 2wheelsforfun, Jun 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 2wheelsforfun

2wheelsforfun Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2020
    Osoyoos, BC Canada
    Just passed my first service mileage, bike goes in next week to get the heated grips installed and first service. It's been long enough to realize that this is the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. It's like Triumph built it just for me. Hand / wrist position is perfect and I have absolutely no hip pain riding this bike, which was the main reason for getting it and selling my Griso. I'm sure I'm just telling most of you what you already knew but just had to say how much I'm enjoying it. Cheers.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    #2 Dartplayer, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Great to hear 2wheels, most people have to shag around with things to get comfy, so it was meant to be :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  3. 2wheelsforfun

Feb 1, 2020
    Osoyoos, BC Canada
    Great to hear 2wheels, most people have to shag around with things to get comfy, so it was meant to be :cool:[/QUOTE]
    That's one thing I love about internet forums, is all the different ways that we use the English language to express ourselves. :)

Happily married for 20 years (2nd time around), so no shagging around for me. ;)

But you are right, pretty much every other bike I've owned took some to be comfortable, or just never got comfortable. Cough, cough, BMW R1200RT.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    confortable and looks badass.

5. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    That's one thing I love about internet forums, is all the different ways that we use the English language to express ourselves. :)

Happily married for 20 years (2nd time around), so no shagging around for me. ;)

But you are right, pretty much every other bike I've owned took some to be comfortable, or just never got comfortable. Cough, cough, BMW R1200RT.[/QUOTE]
    You’ll be very pleased you didn’t buy an R9T, like I did!
    Ken.

6. 2wheelsforfun

Feb 1, 2020
    Osoyoos, BC Canada
    Tell us why? What got me on the RT was the fixed handlebar position, which risers couldn't help with. The only way to be comfortable, for me, was to hold my elbows tight to my torso, much more natural to have your elbows out a bit. My hands would go to sleep. That was the last bike I owned with "clip on" style bars. Give me a good old fashioned handlebar any day, that can be switched infinitely to any rise or bend you prefer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    I came to the R9T from a Triumph Street Twin which has a very nice (To me) upright riding position.
    The footrest on the BM are too high for me and the handlebars were too low.
    I’ve now put Heli risers on, and I’ve put Rox risers on the Heli risers! Bar position almost right for me now.
    I’m also in the process of acquiring lower rider foot pegs. When these arrive and are fitted the ride position will be fine, however, the seat is a bummer, really uncomfortable to me.
    It doesn’t help that I have hip, knee and back issues.
    The Street Twin was much more comfortable, unless you tried to cross a white line on it! :confused:;).
    Ken.

8. bernard j czech

Jan 17, 2020
    coal township Pa
    comfort is key for longer rides, especially as we age!! rarely is a test ride long enough + was the reason i traded my 12 base bonnie for a nice preowned 18 T120. considered the speedmaster but my Vic Hammer fills that gap + although heavier it handles EZE. way better than the lighter 1200 porkster i traded on it

• Like Like x 3
  9. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    So is Ibuprofen and Paracetamol ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Sorry. By the title I came here thinking this is a Gold Wing thread.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2wheelsforfun

Feb 1, 2020
    Osoyoos, BC Canada
    LOL, personally I don't find wings that comfortable.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Agree the newest iteration is not. I have a 40th Anniversary 2015 that is heaven to sit upon. Of course, comfort is a very subjective thing.

• Like Like x 1