Morgo or Routt

Discussion in 'Vintage Classics' started by Chris Fenoulhet, Jan 17, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Fenoulhet

Chris Fenoulhet New Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Kent UK
    Hi everyone I am in the process of rebuilding a Triton with a Triumph pre unit engine and box, I have recently acquired a 1971 9 stud T120 head and have a one piece big bearing crank and rods, I am short of pistons and barrels, I have been in promise land from Morgo's for the last 4 months for one of there big bore kits and out of boredom started looking for others and have come across Routt which seem to be available now at a better price can anyone give me any feedback on their kits as I have no knowledge of them at all many thanks Chris

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Chris and welcome in.Sorry I can't help, I know nowt about the older stuff but there are other duffers on here who will be along soon I'm sure.

3. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yo Chris talking my language but not heard of Routt before o_O

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Routt new to me as well!:confused:

It did occur to me, however, that perhaps standard 750cc barrels may fit. I've not got any dimensions to hand to check if that is possible, so I may be talking rubbish again, but it was just a thought.

Take care if going down that route though. Early 750s were actually around 725cc before growing to around 745cc. Don't get them mixed up.:eek: I believe that the 725s were in production for around a year (1972?) and so will be pretty rare by now, I would have thought.

As I say, compatibility may well be an issue, but if either/both sizes (can be made to) fit, it may be worth a go!

5. Chris Fenoulhet

Chris Fenoulhet New Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Kent UK
    Thanks for your replies but I have sourced a Morgo set which are now fitted