Mods For The Rs

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by SteveRS, Jan 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sideburn

Sideburn Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Hmm, cant remember the nut size, I'll have to look, but the Torx is a T55 buddy! I used a big breaker bar to get them off and it was pretty easy. Most of the work is done on the torx side. When you put the new sliders on, once things start to tighten up, the nut bites and it doesn't take much to torque them down.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Thank you!

3. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Restrictive discs removed. It was an easy task, although the extension was warped, so the 41mm hole saw probably ended up being 43mm. It was interesting trying to center the drill bit as the saw had a small random orbit rotation to it, but once the drill went through the disc, the concave shape to the disc naturally centered the saw. After using the extension I took it back and got a refund due to the (inconsistency in manufacturing) as the parts guy said. Anyway it all worked out. I did notice one of the baffles sits a little crooked inside the muffler. Obviously not an issue, but odd.

42589C02-882D-4271-8E34-3EFAD3537A65.jpeg

2859C098-07A6-4167-883D-D398656B7B23.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Evotech frame sliders. They were a larger diameter than I expected. I think they suit the bike well.

EB46111A-8CDD-4BFF-99C0-4037A672A47B.jpeg

B5E442F0-CD05-4F74-9EF5-045128660CBE.jpeg

8397AB54-9F2C-4D03-A3A4-8CDFF479260E.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bikerdave

Bikerdave Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Tamworth
    Looking good

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Yes sir, I live those sliders a lot. I looked at many different versions in person and these, IMHO, were by far the nicest.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Thanks Sideburn.

8. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Thanks, I’m very happy with all the mods.

9. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Me too, they look great. You and MrTriple have inspired me. I’ll try to post some pics of my mods as well as soon as the weather turns nice!

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Looking forward to them.

11. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm really curious about how you guys like the Rizoma LED turn signals. I have a 2019 RS and did the Motodynamic taillight/turn signal for the rear. But I want to get rid of the stock front turn signals and replace them with something cool and appropriate to the style of the bike--and bright but low profile. How do you like your Rizoma's? How is the install? Are they fairly much plug & play? Thanks!! ~~Sandi

12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm really curious about how you guys like the Rizoma LED turn signals. I have a 2019 RS and did the Motodynamic taillight/turn signal for the rear. But I want to get rid of the stock front turn signals and replace them with something cool and appropriate to the style of the bike--and bright but low profile. How do you like your Rizoma's? How is the install? Are they fairly much plug & play? Thanks!! ~~Sandi

13. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    They are amazing, built like a tank and the quality unmatched. They are super easy to install. All you need is the little plastic adapters that cover the factory mount. Their website tells you the correct ones to order. Even if you order the wrong ones, like me, they are easy to modify to fit perfectly.

Some people mentioned an LED relay. I purchased a triumph one, for 45 bucks (ugh) but I didn't end up using it. The flash rate was identical with or without LEDs.

I went for the leggeras as they are about half the size of the ones Steve used, but both look fantastic.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thank you SO much for all the incredibly helpful information, Sideburn! Sounds like you are super happy with the Rizomas on your RS. I've never had a Rizoma product but have heard they're awesome. I especially appreciate specifics like that I need plastic adapters to cover the factory mount and that I don't need an LED relay. It's also really nice to know the scale of the ledgers compared to the corsas (I think those were the others). How is the light quality and visibility of your leggera turn signals?

15. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Very nice lighting and much brighter than the originals. Speaking of the Leggera's specifically, I really like then and they slant at the ends so you can see the signal from the side. Nice for those in an adjacent lane.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Just purchase the lights you want, wiring kit (no soldering) and the little plastic adapters. I got all my goods from motovationusa.com. I just called and they hooked me up. Rizoma's are a little pricier, but they are top notch.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Yup everything Sideburn said is spot on. I ordered the correct face plates but mounted the lights without them and it worked and looks awesome. Wiring is simple. Just follow the instructions. I used the included resisters because I have the Motodynamic tail light and you have to use resisters in conjunction with them. The Rizomas are sleek and very bright, you will love them. I was torn between the luggera’s and the Corsa’s, went with the Corsa’s because they were slightly thinner, but would be happy with either. Just buy them, you’ll love them. If you have any questions regarding the install, just ask.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Steve. I'm glad you told me about using the included resisters because I have the Motodynamic tail light too. Sounds like my search for a great pair of front turn signals is over. :) Now it's just deciding between the Corsa's and the Leggera's. You said that the Corsa's are thinner. Apart from size, do you know if the two are pretty much dead even in terms of visibility? I love my tail light but have had a couple of folks who rode behind me say it was a little difficult to see my tail light turn signals which I have set to sequential. Any additional thoughts and advice are welcome (from all of you!). Thanks again to you and to Sideburn both for the helpful info!

18. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Should be dead even in visibility as the led will be the same size. I have mine set to sequential as well, looks like that is the most visible. Good luck with the lights. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    One last mod. Remove that ugly chain guard :cool:

0BE5B283-3C20-488D-9F02-76AEBF947AD3.jpeg

20. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I lied, this not the last mod as I stil have engine case and bar end sliders coming. Apparently sometime today:). I also have the new TechSpec Xline tank pads on order. My brother has these on his MT09 and they are very nice. Once they are on then it will be time to apply the ceramic clear coat. Then I’m done, but not if I remain a member of this site ;).

• Like Like x 1