Missing Person

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Dec 4, 2019 at 8:48 PM.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Haven't heard a thing from OlyYam here for ages. He was always very helpful and knowledgeable.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

This might explain his absence Joe?
    He had a massive sense of humour failure/girly meltdown months ago.
    He still visits us for a read of threads but he doesn't chip in anymore mate. You might need to go back one page from this link to see what started him off?..

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/thr...ou-have-a-delicate-disposition.16434/page-130

I agree that he was a very knowledgeable & avid contributor to this forum. However, I can't help noticing that the rows in the Brexit thread also stopped immediately upon his departure. There are still differences of opinion in that thread. But I've not seen any hissy fits since Oldyam bailed out.
    Jokes/wind-ups still happen in there but everyone else can & does laugh along.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

Talking of missing persons. Has anybody seen that argumentative, leftie pinko @figwold recently? :cool: :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Put on your big boy pants and man up
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Canvassing? :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

I wish him the very best of luck with that HV. Maybe it's his turn on the plough at the peoples collective farm? :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    Hmmm, the Brexit thread claims another victim then....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Quite glad I never put my nose around that particular door (the Brexit thread one that is). I am boycotting the news until it is either revoked or completed as I cannot stand the constant rubbish spouted by so called expert commentators or the way the news anchors get their kicks making everyone of out to be morons, even if they are indeed morons.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

Absolutely not Ade!

His life has either been touched in some way by drug abuse? Which would explain his over the top reaction.
    Or he's just a ....?
    The thread didn't claim him. He committed thread suicide!

I sent him 3 PM's when the dust had settled. In an attempt to patch things up. He ignored all 3 attempts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee Peasant First Class
    Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    Little while back I discovered how to get someone's attention on here by typing @ and the name ... I was after freck and frecklechops popped up...she was the first person on here to do rubber duck on her bike photo at me....

She was on here a lot and is not anymore....
    What happened to her....

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Bikerman

Bikerman Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    #10 Bikerman, Dec 5, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 12:16 PM
    Bloody hell, thank Christ I've never gone on that thread, but having read a few pages, I've come to the conclusion DD that
    [​IMG] roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

Look laughing images just to be on the safe side. y43.gif

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad.
    Well it's got to be OldYam's choice. I just thought that there were a few members on here that had problems with their bike and OldYam used to always chip in with very sensible answers and help. But people on here will jump at any thing to raise a laugh and it's just fun. I get it and sometimes give it out. But I am thick skinned and take it all in my stride or shrug it off. Bloody Brexit thread it will ruin us all. That's why I stay out of it. And I really don't care that much about it. I got my bikes my health and love the freedom. Thanks for sharing that. And OldYam perhaps if you do read this God Bless and ride safe.
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

#12 Dozers Dad, Dec 5, 2019 at 8:45 PM
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 9:00 PM
    I can't agree with that Joe.
    The Brexit thread can not be blamed for a meltdown of that magnitude! For no good reason?
    The true reason for his ridiculous strop must be far more deep rooted.
    With any luck he's reading this thread. He's un-knotted his panties by now & he'll offer an explanation?
    I won't hold my breath though mate :rolleyes:

I'm not glad he left the forum. But I'd delighted he left the Brexit thread. He's far too tightly wrapped for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad.
    I just sit on the fence. You know me great old chicken. Yes we all get knotted up sometimes. Except you. you are a top bloke with a fancy Garage.
    Regards & Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

The sparky is due tomorrow Joe. If he doesn't turn up, you'll see me get my knickers in a twist! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    Never you are Mr Cool. Pity we weren't closer I would got my boy to help out. He rewired a great deal of our extension and my garage when it caught fire.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  16. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

If he fails to turn up? I'm thinking of having a go myself Joe?
    I've got 2 fire extinguishers in there. What could possibly go wrong mate?!? :kissing: o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad.
    What. He wouldn't dare let you down.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  18. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Bit like our own internet virtual version of Dignitas or the cliffs at Beachy Head then :eek: You're not a direct descendant of Charles Darwin are you, bought in to weed out the sick, lame and lazy...I hope not or the forum will go rather quiet:laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

TBH Ade, it really rattles my cage when that thread is blamed for folk leaving the forum! :rolleyes:

So many people seem to fail to see the bigger picture?

If it bugs you or doesn't interest you, don't visit it. Problem instantly solved! It was created to keep all talk of Brexit in one easily avoided thread.
    I rarely agree with @PeteZ or @figwold in that thread but I don't fall out with them. And they don't fall out with me. In fact we often have a laugh. Myself & Figwold exchange PM's about subjects unconnected with Brexit. I consider him to be a friend. A friend with different views on Brexit.

IMHO, anybody that blames that one thread for leaving the forum. Needs to take a long, hard inward look at themselves :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    IMO it was a good idea to keep the whole issue in 1 place so those that want to discuss the subject know where to go and those who don't can steer well clear as it allows the rest of the forum to carry on in the usual way. There's always going to be the odd flouncer on any forum so I wouldn't worry about it. The internet is a funny place at times and it's easy to over react or read things into posts that were not intended and go off on one as a result. At least on here a fair few of us have met which helps things no end. Keep calm and carry on;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3