Mirrors For Street Cup

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Iain McGregor, Sep 1, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iain McGregor

Iain McGregor New Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Hertfordshire
    Hi all, new member here and new owner of a SC.

The previous owner had swapped out the handlebars and mirrors (from a Street Twin I think). I'm looking to restore to the original look and have found the bars but I can't seem to find the correct mirrors anywhere, new or used.
    Is this something I have to live with as the bike was only sold for 3 or 4 years or am I going mad?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Hi Iain :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Iain McGregor

Iain McGregor New Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Hertfordshire
    Sorry about the rotation of the pic. can't seem to sort that out

Bike 4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Hi Iain

Welcome and congrats on your Street Cup, its a great but sadly often overlooked bike.

You're right the mirrors are wrong, the standard Street Cup mirrors are still available from Triumph (Pt No. T2060314), you will also need to buy a friction ring kit (Pt No. T2060086) to mount the mirrors to the ends of the handlebars (your silver end cups won't be compatible), and 2 black bar end finishers (round discs Pt No. T2042476) & mounting screws (Pt No. T3330923). Total cost according to the World of Triumph website would be £176-32 plus £8-45 shipping.

Triumph used to sell bar end finisher kits for ~£33.00 in different colours (silver, grey, red, black or satin black) but for some reason have discontinued them, some can be still found in dealers and on eBay.

I've hopefully uploaded a picture of the front of my bike (taken while I was working on the front forks) so you can see what they should look like.

Now as it happens I've just swapped out my mirrors (for personal aesthetic reasons) and could be persuaded to sell you the original mirrors and friction rings and possibly the bar ends (all in excellent nick) if we can agree a price. Let me know if you're interested, I won't be offended if you're not.

Cheers

IMG_1874.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iain McGregor

Iain McGregor New Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Hertfordshire
    Hi

Thank you very much for the comprehensive reply and the offer of selling me your mirrors etc.
    If it's ok I'll have a think about it and come back to you if still interested.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. robert moore

robert moore Nobby

Jul 4, 2021
    Malvern Hills
    #6 robert moore, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    Welcome Iain, The beauty of these bikes is, there are plenty of choices / money for TRIUMPH to profit from the abundance of accessories on offer to personalise your steed. I have just fitted round mirrors, as I think they look more in keeping..its a personal choice see below

mirrors.PNG

• Like Like x 1