Michelin Road 5's

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by mark scarrott, May 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Happy Jack

Happy Jack Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2022
    Florissant Mo
    Had to replace corsas that came on my Thruxton went on line low and behold Road 6s called the dealer he said he could get them so I bit. Scrub them in yesterday no problem. But I’m in TX Hill country after ice storm and they put sand and small gravel on the hills and curves so I really don’t know how good they are yet but if their anything like the 4s I have been running on my FJR I think the extra $ will be worth it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Glad you are liking them. One thing I noticed with the R5s was that they were taller than the Pirelli’s that came with mine. For the shorter folk out there, it can be enough to make a difference. really happy with mine so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Well I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered a pair of these to replace the original Super Corsas on my Speed Triple RS. Having them fitted in April when I get back from my holidays…

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    You will feel the benefit in the rain!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I try my best not to ride in the rain but living in the UK it’s pretty unavoidable. The super corsas were superb but have been considering the Michelins for a while, when I said to my mechanic I needed some new tyres and would let him know what I wanted, he immediately said Road 5’s. And I trust him..as an ex racer …

• Like Like x 2