Metzler Roadtec Z8

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by diverken, Apr 29, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    I was out this morning, 5.30. Great ride, pushing the bike, leaning good, really doing the race bit. At least in my head.:wink: Feeling confident, really enjoying the ride.
    Not once did the tyres slip away, felt really good. The only thing I noticed was a tendency to be slow turning in to a corner... Dont remember noticing that....

Started to wonder if the cold road is better suited to my riding style. Last time I was out when things were sliping, the weather was warm, with warm to the touch roads....
    Just think thats wrong, things are supposed to be better when warm...:frown:

2. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    It's probably something you've already thought of, K, but could simply have been early in the ride that you were slipping? i.e. before they had time to warm up? I used to love Bridgestones but they were horrible until they got warm.

3. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    On my 2011 I have had the K3's from new not good with any moisture hard to warm up and only lasted 900 miles (hated them) I then changed to the M5's great tyre in the wet and dry, warmed up really quick and got right to the edges on the negative side they only lasted 2500 miles I then changed to the Z8's on the speed triple these tyres are perfect great grip, good in the wet and lasted really well. I also like the profile of these tyres as they are very similar to bridgestones as opposed to dunlops which drop too quickly for my liking.

I would have also gone for the BT023's but they don't do a 190/55 for the back

Cheers

Stephen

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    Just back from the UK, the Z8 tires were fantastic. Even when the road surface was full of holes and broken up. Wet or dry, no problems what so ever. Really good grip all around.
    I can see that after 4000 klms on the clock that there is a bit of flat on the tyre, just there where we sat on the motorway. But not enough that Im thinking about new tyres. Still loads of tread.
    Really impressed with them and full of confidence.

5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Yep sounds like UK roads...

6. chefon2wheels

chefon2wheels Member

Dec 14, 2013
    San Fulgencio, Spain
    I swapped the Bridgestone BT016s on my street for Metzeler Z8s, hated the Bridgestones just couldn't get any feel and felt like they were squirming in the bends. I chose the Metzelers as I had them on my previous bike and for me the give great feel, turn quick and are great in the wet.

• Like Like x 2