Featured Mapped Speed

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by anthony gothard, Jun 25, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    So, remap at Hilltop M/Cs in Hinkley done on the 21st. Here's the before and after. There are three improvements - an extra 11bhp at the top end, 9ft/lbs torque, 1,500 rpm lower. It definitely felt noticeably more eager to accelerate from 80 mph in a top gear roll on. Both the torque and power curves are much smother
    But the most noticeable improvement is the smother transition going from a closed to open throttle.
    While not earth shattering, worthwhile improvements which make the bike easier and more enjoyable to ride
    T

2011 Speed Triple dyno run 2017_07_24.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. steve59

steve59 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    All bikes are mapped so lean now days to pass emissions that i'm not all that surprised to see the gains you got. I did a cat delete and performance map(akra offroad) on my bike and besides feeling the extra power my bike ran considerably cooler also, nice in traffic.

The numbers still seem a bit low tho? is the graph hp?

3. Tony Rokins

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    The graph is hp and torque.
    The problem with dynos is that because different manufacturers dynos have different designs and use different standards (SAE, DIN, ISO etc) to calculate the power output, you can't compare the results from one manufacturers dyno to another's. Result is that some dynos are more, err......more generous than others. I have a mate with a 2012 Speed R that apparently makes 136 bhp on a Dyno-Jet at the real wheel, mine apparently make 115....on a Dyna-Pro The bikes are mechanically the same, do I really think that his is making 20bhp more than mine?. 20bhp difference is a lot! No, performance is cock-on identical
    The problem is that there are so many factors that affect the result, air temp, humidity, what the operator had for breakfast that you can't really say with any certainty that "my bike makes X hp" Therefore, the improvement is the important thing. Moral is always get a before and after graph.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steve59

steve59 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    So true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Andrew Richardson

Mar 5, 2017
    Morpeth
    Getting the arrows map on mine on Saturday, fitted some stubby delkevic end cane and she is running very rich

6. Tony Rokins

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    Remember to get before and after graph. If he is sny good he should be able to smooth out the low end, find a useful increase in top end power and make the torque curve billard table smooth

7. Andrew Richardson

Mar 5, 2017
    Morpeth
    Don't think it went on Dyno, just uploaded the arrow map. To be honest not sure if I have noticed a difference, but just came home along A road, still a little snatchy on take up but I put most of that down to the throttle cable needing tightening up to get rid of play

Will see what she is like on a proper run scratching around some good roads

8. Tony Rokins

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    I think a custom re-map is still worth considering. The transition from closed to open throttle is much improved.
    Right now I'm out in the Auvergne area of France and the roads are super twisty, with everything from fast sweepers to tight uphill and down hill hairpins. Bends are just flowing into each other That smoother transition is making the bike a whole lot easier to ride
    T

• Like Like x 1