Manufacturers Warning Stickers

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rodders1949, Dec 12, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    They're a bit like the dealer stickers you get on the rear window when you buy a car... the first thing to happen when I get a car home for the first time is peel the damn thing off! My first car was already at least ten years old when I got it and the dealer sticker was yellow, brittle and unsightly, and was a swine to remove.

My T100's stickers came off before it got wheeled into the garage for the first time - they're now on my toolbox.

• Like Like x 1
  2. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Just found one on my Hive thermostat… it gave me me a disproportionate amount of pleasure to peel it off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    Some were easy peel but if the one on the tank was easy peel it was certainly playing hard to get :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rodders1949

Rodders1949 New Member

Dec 4, 2022
    Rugby
    I had a friend who even kept tags on things like the price label on fishing holdalls and the protective plastic on the cork handle.
    I just wanted to rip them off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    That's where mine live. First job on getting the bike home :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Higerty

Higerty Member

Oct 14, 2022
    Swansea, South Wales
    This July, I bought a 2016 Thruxton. I couldn't believe it, but the previous owner hadn't removed any of the dullhead stickers, including those on the tank and fairing. The day after I got it home, off they came, but being over six years old on matt black paint they left a vague outline which I have learned to ignore. But still irritating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hogfest50

Hogfest50 New Member

Jul 17, 2022
    Cornwall
    pick at a corner your finger nail wont damage the paint or lacquer peel off clear plastic leaving the sticky residue on the bike clean cloth and white spirit not thinners or aerosol brake / electrical cleaner gone !

8. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA
    The manufacturer who loves these stickers best is Aprilia.

Holy moly they put a lot of lawyer talk warning stickers on their bikes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Lawyer talk !! .. yep. I maybe wrong, but didn't this crap begin in the U.S to try and protect business from ridiculous court cases that made some millionaires ..and some go broke ! I had one on the wall years back (off a Sportster .. I think ?) which stated something along the lines of " .. not checking sidestand before lifting motorcycle could cause damage to ankle " :laughing::laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1