Mandalika Motogp Official Test Results (fp1)

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Octoberon, Feb 12, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    #1 Octoberon, Feb 12, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    Top 10 from the first two days of testing at Mandalika. Honda looking stronger. Aprilia still impressing. Binder riding the wheels off that KTM and Yamaha still not worrying anyone else. VR46 will be pleased with FP2.

Friday

upload_2022-2-12_15-14-40.png

Saturday

upload_2022-2-12_15-11-58.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    A close of play on last day
    Espargaro on the Honda 1st with Fabio on the Yamaha close behind in 2nd, Espargaro's brother in 3rd on the Aprilia with Morbidelli in 4th on the other Yamaha. Not bad for a slow bike.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I think the Yamahas are going to struggle in the races though, top speed deficit is just as bad as last year....
    Screenshot_20220216-105020_Chrome.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Couldn't agree more, Fabio must be in despair, yet again Yamaha have failed to come up with the goods. I appreciate the issue with a straight four cylinder engine compared to a v4 but Suzuki seem to have found a little more speed. I note also that Honda have upped the ante and found something, I had discounted Marc Marquez from my prediction of this years champion and may well be proved wrong after seeing reports of the tests, tho still think he has to be more careful about crashing than before. It is going to be a great season I think with all the young guns out there. Roll on March 4th -6th on BT Sport. Cancelled my motogp.com subs as I missed Suzi and Co.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    There’s muttering about Fabio going to Honda next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if they came from his own camp. I can’t see him staying if the Yamaha isn’t competitive this year.

I renewed my MotoGP VideoPass as I won’t give BT any of my money. Not even for Suzi.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I like the coverage on BT Sport. I just wish they could get back Keith Huewen and Julian Ryder, one of the best ever commentary partnerships on TV IMO. Not that bothered about Suzi Perry TBH. I'm with BT for phone and BB with BT Sport on the Sky Q box along with one of their TV packages but I may go to Sky for everything when the BT contract comes up for renewal unless they pull something really special out of the bag.

7. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I used to enjoy Keith and Julian back in the good old days of World Superbikes and Foggy on the 916. Stayed up all night to watch that last round at Philip Island. Worthi it. :blush: Won't have anything to do with BT based on previous experience and their monopolistic behaviour when broadband was being rolled out that held so many back.