Maintenance Indicater

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by LeezRyd, Apr 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Is there a way to turn off the maintenance indicator without having to go to the dealer? I've gone over 500 miles on the new bike, but Covid-19 has pretty much shutdown all non-essential businesses here in Connecticut. I've done the oil change, adjusted the chain and given the bike ('19 T100) a once-over. Just need to turn off the indicator. Thanks

2. AJ7840

AJ7840 Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Rockford, MI USA
    No simple way 3 choices
    1. Buy Tune ECU https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tuneecu
    2. Buy DealerTool http://dealertoolcouk.ipage.com/
    3. Have the dealer reset it

The wrench as a reminder of how much I saved doing it myself rather than the dealer doing the service. I will be getting the Tune ECU and the interfaces to reset the wrench

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    As AJ says, it is only a reminder, although the initial service is important for warranty. Because you changed the run-in oil yourself, you just need to retain receipts and make a note in your owners manual with comment COVID-19 shutdown.:mask:
    It would pay to run through all the checks listed, as some nuts are not set at factory and this is safety check before Full use starts (post run-in) :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  4. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Thanks, Gents. I now have the app, and the interface is on the way

• Like Like x 2
  5. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    It's done!! Got my OBD adapter. So, went to the garage this morning, plugged it in, paired it with TuneEcu, and TAADAAH, reminder is gone! Many thanks Gents. If this 72 yr. OldPharte can do it, anybody can. My son calls me a caveman when it comes to technology (maybe I really am) but I didn't have to struggle to do this at all

DSCN0425.JPG

DSCN0427.JPG

DSCN0428.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  6. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    HMMMM... Just noticed the gear select indicator. I really don't have an eleven speed trans.

7. Malcolm Woods

Malcolm Woods Noble Member

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    This is something I need to learn, Im 67 and thought of doing that really worries me Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Go for it, Malcom. Having grown up with the abacus and slide rule, learning the new technology can be mind boggling at times, but having grand kids to teach you is nice, if not humbling. They got the biggest laugh when Papa asked them how to use a smart phone, but, I think it brought us a little closer too. New technology is now a necessary evil for our newer machines, so get your feet wet and forget that we're getting "older"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Malcolm Woods

Malcolm Woods Noble Member

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    That's an excellent line of thought, thank you I will.