America Lt Lower Wind Deflectors

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Ron Gibson, Sep 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ron Gibson

Ron Gibson Well-Known Member

May 1, 2018
    Cambridgeshire
    Hi all,
    I've seen some America LTs fitted with windscreen lower wind deflectors which i would like to try out, can anyone advise of the part numbers for these elusive items or if anyone has a pair for sale I would be interested,
    Thanks,
    Ron

2. Ron Gibson

May 1, 2018
    Cambridgeshire
    Sourced.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ron Gibson

May 1, 2018
    Cambridgeshire
    Well, seen as you asked, i ordered some lower wind deflectors from amazon.com. A company called Memphis shades actually make the deflectors and brackets but do not list them for triumph. I saw a you tube clip where some guy in europe actually went to the states and bought some then fitted them to his america lt. I ordered from amazon.com as the 'vendor's' posted to the UK.
    The reflectors and brackets are for a Yamaha model but I can post the part numbers for the ones that fit the America. I'm away at the moment but on return I will get them fitted to the bike and post some pics with the relevant part numbers. Hope that helps if anyone is considering a set.
    Oh if you are interested cost all in with postage Tec and the miserable exchange rate £95 give or take a few pence.
    Cheers,
    Ron

• Like Like x 4
  4. Suffolkbumpkin

Suffolkbumpkin Senior Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    #5 Suffolkbumpkin, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Don't wish to be a party pooper but I think you might find they do not fit, the metric shades lowers due to the Lt screen cannot go high enough. So they sit below with to much of a gap, also they cannot sit ahead or inline of the screen.

So what you end up having is an amazing cooling fan, deflecting loads of non-turbulant wind right up to your chest that otherwise would just flow by lower down the bike.

I can state this with confidence as I have a pair of the Memphis shades, if I had seen your thread earlier you could have tried mine.

Fitted once, instant removal because of the above, just no way to fit them in a correct position.

Happy to be proved wrong, as they are just collecting dust at present.

5. Ron Gibson

May 1, 2018
    Cambridgeshire
    Hmm. That could be a bummer. Must admit the you tube clip was not an LT. Might have to tinker with the brackets and add something.thanks for the info. Watch this space.

• Like Like x 1