Low Oil Pressure Warning Light On A Brand New Bike

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by NaN, May 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dasheng

Dasheng New Member

Dec 28, 2021
    Greece
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes maybe a sensor issue. Mine was also turning it off when bike was restarted.
    However running just 3 bars below doesn't seem very normal. I'm guessing the bike will be full temperature during summer here in Greece. Plus I must say that the first kilometers that I had the oil pressure light turned on the coolant temperature was 2 bars below full and it was a much colder day than what it is now. So I'm a little worried about having issues with the engine in the future. Also as a bonus the quick shifter doesn't work.. it's not a very pleasant experience so far buying a new triumph motorcycle.

2. sunny_speedtriple1200rs

Jan 9, 2022
    NEW ZEALAND
    You remind me one thing too, it only happens when bike is hot, most of the time is when you benn riding for a while and you slowed down at traffic, then the light will come on. very weird.

3. Dasheng

Dasheng New Member

Dec 28, 2021
    Greece
    Yes but after I took it to the service shop it hasn't came on again. But the bike is very new still only 450 klm. The light turned on twice on the first 220klm. I took it to the service and hasn't turned on since. My only concern is if the engine has been damaged..
    Cause like I've told it was running a little hotter the first 200klm although it was cold and I was going on low rpms