Scrambler Loud exhaust pipes for 2007 Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Vancouver, Oct 27, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vancouver

Vancouver New Member

May 17, 2013
    Plymouth
    Picking my newly purchased scrambler on Friday....can't wait.
    The bike has the standard exhausts on it and I want more grunt and growl!
    What are my options and costs involved? Looking at one website it has the Arrow exhaust system and this is £700+
    Are other products available? Which is best? Where is the best (cheapest) place to get them?
    Any suggestions?
    Cheers guys.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sprocket42

sprocket42 Member

Dec 14, 2014
    tagoat, wexford
    First step up the loudness scale would be TOR's (Triumph Off Road) silencers from your local dealer. Next would be Norman Hyde Toga silencers, both easily fitted in 10mins, Then you are into the world of Zard, Brit Racer, British Customs, Arrow etc etc which are all full systems and expensive. If you need any more info let me know.

3. uber

uber New Member

Oct 26, 2014
    newcastle
    I have seen on a few utube videos, drilling the baffled out of the standard silencers, however I have been led to believe that's only for the carb,d bikes, not fuel injection, anyone shed any light on this, mine is an 11, bike btw..

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I "debaffled" my stock exhausts on my 04 T100 (carbs). I don't see why it wouldn't work on EFI bikes as it doesn't really increase the airflow too much to matter for re-jetting or re-mapping, just improves the noise to more of a noticeable sound. Downloaded a free decibel meter app. on the phone and it showed the stock at 80Db on tickover and the debaffled pipes at 89Db. (my TOGAS start at 90Db and go up!).
    There's a previous thread on here from me on how to do it - just need a good hole cutter and a corded rather than cordless drill is best.

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi there Vancouver and welcome. For your Scrammy you could fit either one of these high quality set-ups at very modest cost. Your bike will need a bit of carb fettling if you run the system without it's baffles, which I assume you would want to do. Bearing that in mind it would be sensible to modify the inlet side of the motor as well well. Take the LH side cover off and see what you currently have. In std. trim the air-box has a hideously restricting inlet snorkle - ditch that straight away and remove the restricting baffle plate from within the airbox. Once done that will allow the motor to breath much better and take full advantage of the new more open exhaust system.

Links:
    http://www.tecbikeparts.com/Triumph_parts_page5_6F4Y.html

or:
    http://www.tecbikeparts.com/Tracker_2-1_SS_exhaust.html

I have purchased a number of items from this supplier (including a 2 into 1) and they have all been excellent quality and great value.

Cheers
    Dave