Featured Lots Of Anticipation! And A Bit Of Trepidation...

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Sandi T, Jun 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    Love it, @Sandi T! Stomped all over your area on bikes loaded with gear and in blissfully air conditioned vehicles...it's all great. On our last trip in a loaded minivan with the kids (not like pre-kid days with loaded MC:joy:), I had to take away the kids' books to make them look out the window when on the Million Dollar Highway and lots of other amazing sights. Also saw the aftermath of fires a couple years earlier; made things look pretty stark but the upside was the forest was regenerating. Your trip sounds wonderful!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steve T.

Steve T. Active Member

Dec 6, 2020
    Northern British Columbia
    Classic Route! - one day I'll get down there to do it myself

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Adie P
    Hey, Adie! Well, we didn't need those neck coolers after all. :joy: We got rain seven of the eight days that we rode and though we were never really cold, neither were we ever really all that hot. We did the ride counterclockwise. Yes, the Silverton--Durango railroad ride is still going and we saw the train depart from Durango the evening we were there. But we didn't get a chance to ride it (or rather we failed to build that into our time table) this time around. The ride on the Million Dollar Highway where the train goes to Silverton was spectacular, though! And we didn't get a drop of rain on that ride from Durango all the way over the three 10,000 foot+ passes until we arrived safely in Our then a bit of ride the rest of the way to Telluride where we spent the next night. I posted a ride report thread a couple of days ago and am doing a write-up each day sharing our adventures from each day of our trip if you're interested in reading about our trip and seeing some photos. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I just love going on a road trip, too, @Wessa! Loved the trip report from you, @andypandy, and @Smilinjack. :heart_eyes: Beautiful country!! Mr. Sandi and I would like to get over there one day in the next couple of years and do some riding through that area. Cool that you met up with Dilli, Sprinter, and Dougie D, too! :) We got back from our week-long road trip this past Saturday and I started a thread on Monday. I'm doing a post (or two) a day to match up with our itinerary.

Do you have more road trips planned? Our next one to Las Vegas Bike Fest at the very end of September--beginning of October.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    We are hoping to get to Spain in September depending on the virus restrictions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I hope that works out for you, Wessa. We do have the same attitude being prepare that things could change due to Covid. In fact, there was an article in our local paper recently about how Las Vegas currently has the highest rate of Covid (per 100,000) of anyplace in the U.S. :( I guess the saving grace (for trip planning anyway) is that the article went on to explain that nearly 100% of the cases and hospitalizations and deaths there are unvaccinated folks. Well, that's a saving grace for those of us who are vaccinated but not so much for those who are not.

• Agree Agree x 3