Sprint Looking For a Sprint For the Winter...and Next Spring/Summer Trips

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Rich Bryce, Nov 9, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    So, having bought a go-faster Tornado Red T reg ST off Ebay for about book price at a tad over £1,000, which with some tlc and plastic filler will tidy up nicely, I just couldn't resist another, this time a more sedate maroon 'n black 2010 1050 with 11k on the clock. Saw it on Ebay. Ex-Cat D write off (cosmetics) which looks to have been tidily repaired, and just missing those trim bars that go across the fairing vent, and the decals (£17 off Ebay).

Anyway I put in a cheeky snipe bid at £2012 but got beat with 3 secs on the clock at £2062. I sent the seller a message saying I'd still buy if the winner didn't turn up. So long story short, he's delivering it in the back of his van tomorrow for petrol money. He wants the cash to buy a drone for aerial photography. It all sounds kosher, but no cash has changed hands so nothing lost. I reckon he just described it poorly and should already have got a new V5 minus the Cat D designation, which obviously as is knocks 30% off the selling price. But in reasonable condition and with the Cat D removed from the V5 (it has passed the MOT) it's got to worth north of £3k, maybe even close to £4k. Hopefully it'll prove a decent prospect in the flesh and I'll post some more pictures. If not I'll just be petrol money out of pocket and a little embarrassed for being presumptuous in posting this.
    Sprint 1050 Maroon D2b.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #42 Rich Bryce, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Well I took delivery and parted with cash for the Sprint 1050 today. Hope I did the right thing. I ended up paying £140 less than agreed cuz while delivering it it toppled in the back of his van and broke off the right mirror and left a hairline crack in the nose fairing. The crack should be easily repairable even if a pain in the @rse and a second hand mirror unit is around £50. On the positive side it's an ABS which wasn't mentioned in the advert, and which I only discovered when doing the final HPi check. I could have been more awkward and pushed him further on the price, but being a nice guy and reckoning there is a decent profit to be made in it next Spring anyway I thought sod it and shook hands on it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Bought second hand mirror units, lh and rh on Ebay today. He was asking £75 + postage in a buy-it-now ad and accepted £60 inc. Going by completed listings £40 is easily achievable for just the one. So put this rh one on mine, glue the bust one together and then auction the pair as one good and one repaired and hopefully get my money back.