Looking At Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Glenn2926, Jan 28, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Morning all,
    I am starting to look for new tyres for my RP900. I’ve a trip to Scotland and a trip to the Arctic circle in Norway booked so far for this year. I would like to ride at least some of the TET whilst in Norway. To this end I’m considering the following tyre choices. Michelin Anakee Adventure, Continental TKC 70 and perhaps Pirelli Scorpion.
    Does anyone have any opinion? First hand knowledge of these tyres?
    My current favourite is probably the Continental TKC70 as the rear has the continuous band in the centre and I hope this will give longer tyre life.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    I read many articles with very good impressions regarding to the Michelin Anakee Adventure.;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Thanks Markus,
    They are the ones I have gone for. The Dunlop trailmax missions don’t have the speed rating for my RP.
    The bike is in for servicing and the dealer offered a reasonable price to fit the tyres at the same time.
    That however was Monday. The tyres supplier has lat the dealer down and so far it’s still there waiting.
    On the plus side I do have a lovely courtesy bike in the shape of a Scrambler 900. It’s very pretty and great fun to ride so not all bad. Hopefully I’ll get mine back with new tyres fitted today.

• Like Like x 1