765 Log Crossing On A 765r Is A Bad Idea! :d

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Hippo-Drones, May 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    So I went off hunting fish and chips today on my bike, Littlehampton chippy was rammed so bailed on that and went up to Whiteways Cafe... which I didn't really want to do as it was also rammed when I rode past on my way to the chippy, as it turned out, it was a bad idea, but not because of the crowds, more because of the crowd control, they have filled the carpark with a log maze which you need to navigate to get into where the bikes are now allowed to park...

There were a couple of cyclists blocking the entrance so I pulled to the left to let them through, which they just looked at me like I was some kind of idiot... maybe they could see the future.... anyhows, as they didn't move out the way, I decided to ride in past them anyway... not noticing that I was too close to one of the traffic control logs (am sure it jumped out on me)... My gear leaver smashed straight into it and bent completely out of shape. I couldn't get it into 1st, but thankfully I could use 2nd-6th still so was able to limp it home after some swearing :D

101593704_10157059116321820_1213355353773703168_o.jpg

82334696_10157059475456820_7155476580981014528_o.jpg

I've refitted my standard footpegs and linkages now, I hope I can get the individual parts for the Daytona rearset to fix it!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Shit buddy, what a nightmare.

Hope your ok and not hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    I'm absolutely fine, didn't drop the bike, just my self esteem! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Fortunately, I found the damaged parts on Fowlers Parts website and have ordered them and a few other bonus bits. So glad I was able to get the broken bits and din't have to replace the whole thing! :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    one was a lass, so I'm hoping for some kind of STD at least! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That is a real bugger mate. Glad you got home ok though.....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think you have to do a bit more than just standing next to them, sorry to spoil your hopes.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Cheers Wessa :)

Hahaha... my cooties are very jumpy! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    :cool:QUOTE="Hippo-Drones, post: 433403, member: 9230"]Fortunately, I found the damaged parts on Fowlers Parts website and have ordered them and a few other bonus bits. So glad I was able to get the broken bits and din't have to replace the whole thing! :)[/QUOTE]
    Shit news that it happened, but good that you can get individual bits to replace the bent ones.
    I hope you gave the cyclists that caused the problem a mouthful!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Hippo-Drones
    Yes like the peeps have said shitty news. So glad you are on to replacements. But do feel for you. Being nice to people sometimes really doesn't pay. I went to meet my pal the other day at the HCafe. Went through Marlow and just after there was a queue of traffic about half a mile long. I slowly eased my way to the front and one stupid idiot peddling along about six inches from the centre line. I couldn't believe it and shouted some choice words to him. I don't mind them using the road and even when they are shielding a new or nervous rider. But this pillock was i imagine in his fifties and knew exactly what he was doing.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    At least you didn’t hit the deck! Frustrating and a good way to ruin a day out :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Has allowed me to also justify ordering some bits I wanted as it allowed for free delivery, so can't wait to get them too! :)

• Like Like x 2