Loan Bikes

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Eastbournemark, Apr 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    When my beemer was in for a service a couple of years ago, the dealer lent me an F800R. Dullest looking bike on the planet, and I wasn't keen to be seen on it, but what fun! I didn't stop all day, charging about like a teenage hooligan. Definitely brought out the worst in me.

When the Tiger 800 was in last year, I borrowed a Street Twin, and really enjoyed that too but in a different way. Rather than hooning, it was more about roll-on, roll-off bend swinging and enjoying the grunt. I do like twins, and I'm thinking about swapping the Tiger for a T120 or Steet Twin.

Also borrowed Street Triple and R nineT.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Flybywyre

Flybywyre Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Winchester UK
    You are absolutely right!
    The Street Twin took every corner in its stride with ease and was great fun to throw around.
    I will have to be very careful when I get the Bonnie back tomorrow (hopefully) and ease myself into its more sedate handling qualities :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Have you done anything to improve the T120 handling eg shocks and fork springs?

4. Flybywyre

Flybywyre Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Winchester UK
    No.
    I bought it warts and all.
    Before buying the Bonnie I tried various bikes including big Harley's, Honda's, Yamaha's and BMW's.
    I had only gone two miles down the road on the Bonnie when it became abundantly clear the Bonnie was for me, I loved it.
    I could mess about changing things to see if it improves handling etc but..............I can't be bothered, there is no point.
    It wasn't until I got handed the Street Twin that I realised how good the handling was compared to the Bonnie.
    The Bonnie is the Bonnie, if I want something that handles like the Street Twin I will buy a Street Twin.
    The Bonnie will never handle like a Street Twin whatever you do to it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Respect your decision. The T120 is 1st bike I have tinkered with. After a ride out at the Welsh GMU I realised I was struggling to keep in a way that wouldn’t have been a problem on my old fazer. After learning what others had done to T120s I put some mid price hagon shocks on and progressive fork springs and I must say it is better handling bike. Whether it’s better than the Street Twin is a different matter however......Enjoy your ride Flybywire.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    Had plenty including a Rocket3, Scrambler, Thruxton R, new Tiger 1200 and 800, Street Triple 675 and 765RS, Speed 3 R ( 6 miles on the clock, on trade plate "Put some miles on it for us" ) Trophy 12, D675 and 600 too some years ago.

Always worth a loaner when mine are in for service or MOT. :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Colonel Custard

Colonel Custard New Member

May 18, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Had a bonnie first time which was fine but not really my cup of tea, last time I asked for some sort of adventure bike and got a new tiger 800xca, really impressed, could be tempted as an addition to the garage!

• Like Like x 2
  8. KarmaBryant

KarmaBryant New Member

Oct 18, 2022
    USA
    Your situation is quite controversial. I was in a similar situation, too, only I had to pay off a loan for a bike that turned out to be defective. The manufacturer did not want to compensate me for the damage.