Living On The Road

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Ken Paxton, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome. Great setup!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    How has brexit done that ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. thc

thc New Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Sussex
    The removal of our rights to freedom of movement resulting in limits on how long one can stay in another country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    I have not seen, or heard, of any such restrictions. Plus, the deal has not been done yet, so whatever you hear, is pure speculation. If it bothers you so much, apply for EU citizenship. You obviously don't feel any affinity to this country.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. thc

thc New Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Sussex
    My initial post was to welcome Ken to the forum, & on seeing his preferred lifestyle, merely stating my opinion that I felt it a shame that we voted to have our rights to freedom of movement throughout Europe removed. I didn't post just to start an argument..."obviously," unlike yourself.

I will address your points though;

1."I have not seen, or heard, of any such restrictions" - Your ignorance of one of the main tenets of brexit (the end to free movement) leaves me wondering why you felt you had any authority to speak on the subject?

2."so whatever you hear, is pure speculation" - I can only go by what is on the Govt. website, & it clearly states I will be limited to stays (in EU countries) of no more than 90 days in any 180 day period. I'll agree with you that it is not statute yet, but that's what our fantastic govt have, quite clearly stated, on their website at the moment.

3."apply for EU citizenship" - Your ignorance, again, is telling. The EU isn't a country! There is no such thing...if there was might do just that, but (perversely) I quite like being British...sometimes!

4."You obviously don't feel any affinity to this country" - Pure speculation on your part...I feel very strongly about my country...the country my Grandfather & my uncle died for & my father fought for, securing me (& every other British Citizen) rights which I hold dear. They died in wars fought in the hope of uniting Europe. I feel no affinity to those who would spit on my ancestors efforts. I feel no affinity to my countrymen who show disrespect for the efforts of all our war dead, by voting to have some of those rights removed.

Anyway, I know my words will fall on deaf (or at least selective hearing) ears, so...good job we can at least agree on the best bikes in the world ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ken Paxton

Ken Paxton Member

Sep 27, 2020
    U.K.
    The new rules will restrict stays to 90 out of a rolling 180. Last winter I spent 9 months in Portugal.

On the upside I may have to spend 3 months in Morocco so that I don’t have to come back to the cold too soon

• Like Like x 2
  9. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    You mentioned Brexit, because like all of you losers, you are bitter and twisted about the result. Which i might add, would have been far greater, had the media been unbiased, and not in favour of remaining. 1. As i said, nothing is decided yet. 2.Ditto. 3.The eu will be a federal state as soon as they can get away with it. Then you can get your passport. Surely you cant be ignorant of that fact ? 4. My family ancestors also fought for this country. And it was not to unite Europe, but to safeguard our freedom and independence. And certainly not, so that people like you, could surrender it at a later date. The only thing you are right about, is the deaf ears. Because i have had to listen, to the whining of the traitors, for far too long. And they are far from the best bikes in the world too.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Come on guys calm down, there is a brexit thread for this type of debate :) just saying......

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Wessa
    To true. I don't go on it as i for one really don't care. Leave me and my best bikes in the world alone i will leave them alone.
    Joe

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Very bored with bickering Wessa, don’t bother with any of the political threads, shame it creeps into others mate. :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    I've been away for a while - what's Brexit?

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Looks great, many of us have pipe dreams of a similar lifestyle mate, we’ll done for making it a reality! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bad Billy
    I noticed. You and Ron are like family these days.
    Joe.

16. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    I remember in '75 when we formalised Brenterit.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. thc

thc New Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Sussex
    I'm sorry guys, I, inadvertently, let it creep into this one...just enjoy whatever bikes you like, & enjoy whatever life you like. -end-

• Like Like x 5
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It’s a 650 parallel twin that Triumph are working on with a release date yet to be decided :)
    FFS where ya been :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Bickering is dunking your biscuit darn sarf.......what you call bickering we call having a mardy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    He is my brudda from anudder mudda! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1