Lifting Bonneville T100 Rear Wheel

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by -Jammy-, Apr 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. -Jammy-

-Jammy- New Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Scotland
    Hi, I own a 2018 T100, what options do I have for lifting the rear wheel to make cleaning and lubing the chain easier?

1. Is there a paddock stand that fits?

2. Does a centre stand lift the back wheel off the ground?

3. What do you do?

All suggestions and experience welcomed.
    Regards, James.

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi Jimmy, yep you can use a paddock stand, lots of choices on ebay. A centre stand will also do the job. You can also use a bike lift, there are various options and makes available; just search for motorcycle lifts and you will get lots of choices.

I use a motorcycle lift for my thunderbird LT. There is thread on the forum covering ways to lift your bike. Good luck with finding your solution.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  3. -Jammy-

-Jammy- New Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Scotland
    Hi Wessa, thanks for your post, I tried my old trusty paddock stand only to discover that the Vance & Hines peashooter exhausts prevented me from using it. Is there a specific type of paddock stand which works around the silencers?

4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #4 Wessa, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Not sure Jammy, I've not had a T120 or used paddock stands as I prefer the bike lift that I have. This works well with my LT and in the past on my street twin, speedmaster and I hoping will be fine with my new speed twin. I'm sure there will be a T120 owner along shortly who will be help you out.
    Wessa

Edit: I found a picture of my street twin on the lift..
    20170215_100713818_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. -Jammy-

-Jammy- New Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Scotland
    Thanks Wessa.

6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome.

7. -Jammy-

-Jammy- New Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Scotland
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Jammy have updated my previous post with a picture for you to ponder on....

9. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    When I become World Dictator it will be a capital offence to build a motorcycle without a centre stand.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I have a 2017 T100 and the factory centre stand but if I want to have the back wheel off the ground I have to use it on top of a 3/4in piece of ply... Probably the wrong part no fitted as some I've seen lift a bit higher. May well get pieces of steel welded on to the feet of the stand at some point. Not sure about a paddock stand due to the silencers and the underslung rear brake - my simple Micron one certainly won't fit anyway.

• Like Like x 1