Leon Haslam Gone European

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Sprinter1050uk, May 22, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
    Anyone see the WSB programme on Friday afternoon on Eurosport where they went through all the teams, machines and interviewed the riders. If not it’s worth trying to watch it as Leon Haslam, a reet broad speaking Derbyshire lad has suddenly had an attack of what I can only call Spanglish or Frenglish itis. He was speaking English in a fashion but with a Euro accent and using incorrect tenses. Had to show the Wife who isn’t into bike racing but as he is relatively local to us has seen him and heard him and his Dad many times on local news. She asked me what was wrong with him. He sounded a bit like Steve McLaren ( Football Manager) when he was working in Holland or Belgium and was interviewed and started talking Dutchlish. Highly amusing. I suppose when you’re working with a foreign crew or team mate you have to make allowances but not when you are interviewed on tv. Don’t forget your roots

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I saw it and wondered why the hell he was talking as he was. It did sound very strange didn’t it.

3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Couldn't see Guy Martin doing that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    He doesn’t have to he says everything twice, says everything twice. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1