Led Indicators Front/rear Difference??

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by skmark, Jun 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. skmark

skmark Member

Sep 24, 2019
    St Albans
    Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase some Triumph LED indicators and have noticed that there's a large number of 'part numbers' but there really only seems to be 3 different types (small/med/long stem).

As I've a Street Scrambler both front and rear are 'short stem' yet they have different part numbers. I've already got a set of rear's and was wondering if I bought another rear set (good price) would it be ok to use them on the front rather than the specific 'front' set??

Any ideas??

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
  3. skmark

skmark Member

Sep 24, 2019
    St Albans
    Answering my own question here, but guessing now that's it's just down to the length of the wiring as essentially the indicators themselves will be the same?

4. skmark

skmark Member

Sep 24, 2019
    St Albans
    If anyone else is interested....I can now confirm that yes that is indeed the case.....just longer wires for the front set.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Watch out for the EU and US spec as well. I think it is diameter and or colour difference.

6. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    took the led indicators off mine they do have a different wire colour but easy enough to work out

7. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Ah, is that the only difference! Thought there was a reason why the US ones always seem cheaper. I went for the E number one as I was worried about when the MOT comes up, but if it is essentially the same then I was probably being overly cautious. I don't think it is mentioned in the guidance and I cannot imagine a tester squinting at the lens to try and read it, I could be wrong.

With the patterning, it is hard to see the E mark;
    20200714_094736.jpg

8. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    Hi the promblam with mine was you could hardly see them and when the brake and tail light stoped working i rewired a new set short stem but boulb lights much brighter if they are bright enough should be ok we dont have these yearley checks in south australia but the police will stop you and put you through the as you call it the mot If something is not right and can be expensive trust it all workes for you

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    D077572D-9342-4024-8F3D-AF365555AD15.jpeg

• Like Like x 1