Leather or textile kit?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Richard H, Jul 24, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. da pink

da pink Member

Sep 17, 2013
    I have full leathers but never wear them. . . . I love an Alpinestars textile jacket, and the Draggin jeans. They both last well and look good

I had some winter kit with all the armour at the knees etc. A car hit me and in the tumble they were virtually ripped off my legs. In fact they made one injury worse as lots of the textile fibres were forced into the hole in my knee, took 3 ops to clean it out. I'm not saying kit doesn't work - just that you still get hurt wearing it sometimes.

2. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Ooh..reminds me of getting my knee scrubbed of gravel many years ago...

Anyways, Triumph leather and Textile jackets and MPQ leather kecks, bit minty now due to age..

3. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    i use armoured jeans and a Held jacket for the nice days which is really comfortable and keeps the temperature down plus it looks quite good. For the not so nice days I have a textile armoured Rukka two piece suit which is brilliant. i was coming back to biking and always had leathers and rain suit previously but tried the Rukka on a recommendation and was sold on it.

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Rukka make some nice stuff but its so expensive :eek:

5. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    We had torrential rain in the Pyrenees this year and the only person who was 100% dry was wearing Rukka gear.

But if I'd paid £1000 I'd expect to stay dry as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    TBH my trousers leaked in their first contact with rain so i was a bit miffed to say the least! They were leaking via the knee area of all places but Rukka got them replaced and no probs since.yep they are pricey but had them almost five years and still perform with no serious wear.yet.....!

7. Aceman

Aceman New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    #27 Aceman, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    I paid £1410 for custom made leathers from Motorcycle Leathers, helmet from [URL="http://www.lidsdirect.co.uk, Boots, Gloves, Clothing and Accessories and they are absolutely terrific. If it looks like rain, my two-piece unlined waterproof suit from Hein Gericke were very cheap at about £35 each, and are genuinely 100% waterproof.

8. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Full leathers on the Blade - Textile or leather jacket and RST Kevlar jeans on my Speed - just feels right? Sometimes I like to look like a power ranger! :biggrin:

9. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    But still manage to ride like a complete novice! All the gear........ No idea, springs to mind. Just saying x

• Like Like x 1
  10. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    :biggrin: