765 Latest Modification!

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by StreetRS1981, Jul 2, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. StreetRS1981

StreetRS1981 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    The RS got 'modified' by a careless driver:

[​IMG]

:(

Was having a great weekend - Saturday was fun on Fish Hill, and Sunday was a ride to the Brecons - this happened on the B4235 heading to Usk. We had stopped as there had been a bike vs SUV in the other direction, so parked our bikes up to help out (literally just happened) - poor bloke on a Fireblade had broken his leg.

Some 20-30 minutes later the Police had taken control, so asked people to clear the scene - that was when the 4x4 driver tried pulling a turn in the road and drove into my bike.

Mainly cosmetic damage, but would still guesstimate the repairs will be around a grand - front mudguard and the exhaust were the worst hit - the former scuffed to buggery and distorted, and the latter scraped up with a hole through the carbon end cap.

Bit of an arse end to an otherwise cracking weekend of riding - but these things happen, just waiting on the insurance to process everything, and hopefully not to go giving me a 125 :D

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Bugger :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Horrible when that happens, useless twats shouldn't drive if they an't perform a basic manoeuvre :mad:

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. StreetRS1981

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    His excuse was that my bike was quite low, so he couldn't see it - managed to see the white CB650 parked alongside me though!

Thankfully, my insurer's "Liability score" came out as 100% in my favor - as I would have been pissed of if they went 50/50; we had parked over a bike's length away from him, and had hazards on - so not sure what else I could have done. Maybe stuck in towards the grass kerb - but the focus when stopping was the downed rider.

Here's hoping that I'm not sat for weeks, without a bike to enjoy the Summer :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. StreetRS1981

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    Completely forgot to post an update.

Well - she was 7% away form being written off!!! The cost of repairs was a couple of quid off of £3,700!

Owing to a frontal impact, they took the forks out, and have added a new front wheel, tyre, floating disc and pads to the list of items that I spotted at the road! And to think, I was fully prepared to strike a deal with the driver, to replace the parts myself and for him to pay.

I wouldn't like to say that the list of repairs have been inflated - as it's my safety and future riding that could be impacted, if the things they are replacing weren't sorted - and as the insurance went 100% in my favor; I'll not worry.

Here's hoping that my enhanced legal cover are able to recover my damaged lid and visor now - oh, and my Loss of Use too.

All being well, the RS should be back with me this time next week.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Unfortunately even if you recover all your losses and have the bike repaired, you’ll still end up out of pocket when your insurance premium increases at renewal because you’ve had an accident and they deem you to be a higher risk.
    Insurance really is the largest form of organised crime there is. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nigelrb

nigelrb Member

Jul 27, 2019
    Worcester, UK
    I'd better keep my eyes open. Fish Hill is my turf also. Shame it's only 5 corners:(;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. StreetRS1981

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    Oh don't I know it! After getting wiped out by a car in my first year of riding, then getting found not at fault, my next few policies still carried an extra premium for disclosing this little fact - think my next policy on my second bike (god I miss that R1!) - £150 for the first year ffs!

Don't understand their logic really - you were in an accident, that wasn't you fault, but we know better than anyone else - and you're now at risk, and hence need to pay us £100 more.

Insurance companies don't do themselves many favors do they.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. StreetRS1981

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    Luckily, this happened on the B4235 heading to Usk - so Fish Hill is safe

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. gazzatheyid

gazzatheyid Senior Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    You should hopefully be able to claim on the drivers insurance for the lid without the hassle of using your legal cover.

When a pensioner wiped me out on a roundabout I just told his insurance what I needed to claim and they assessed and processed. As he was found 100% at fault if it was like my claim you just need to send photos and any receipts to his insurer for reimbursement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    SteveRS1981.
    Really feel for you on this one. Bloody drivers who don't look or care. Didn't you break his legs or at least his arms for being a prat. But do feel your pain.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  12. StreetRS1981

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    Well, she's ready - but owing to the repair company's distributors not having enough vans; it going to be almost another fortnight before I get her back!!

Not a happy bunny, as I have the 12 month service booked for Monday next week.

The bike is presently in Manchester, so I have asked about riding up there to collect; but that's out of the ordinary, so currently awaiting what a manager says.

P***ed right off now!

13. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Miserable luck. I'm just glad you weren't on it at the time. It could have been worse!

14. gazzatheyid

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    I've been through it, I feel for you!

I'd have argued for a write off as it was so close. As stated above a claim is a claim either way on your insurance record regardless of who takes responsibility.

Remember to keep receipts for any alternative transport, petrol etc you've used to get the bike. This potentially can be claimed from their insurer. You should have been offered a hire bike as well (again they pay).

What is the depreciation on the bike after repair and how is this reflected in a settlement?

15. StreetRS1981

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    I wasn't aware I could do that - doh!

I was issued a hire bike over two weeks after the accident, so I am claiming that time back as "Loss of Use", which I understand from the appointed solicitor (enhanced legal cover) is a flat fee of £10 per day - better than a kick in the arse but not great.

Not sure about the depreciation hit you mention - that definitely sounds like something that I ought to check out; as it's on PCP for another year, and I don't want to get to the end and find that the final valuation takes a sodding great hit and leaves me out of pocket. Any tips on checking that out? Many thanks :)

On a positive note, after expecting the bike to be returned on the 12th, then getting told it wouldn't be until the 19th - I have now been informed she'll be here tomorrow!! So I'll be all over it with a fine toothed comb, to make sure there's no new marks, and everything is as it was before twat face knocked it over.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gazzatheyid

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    I would speak to you your legal advisor about the PCP deal as there may be some terms in that about return after an accident (I'm guessing but they usually try and get money out of you any way they can!)

Hope it all works out for you and safe riding mate.

17. StreetRS1981

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    Funnily enough - just got off the blower to Black Horse, and thankfully, they have told me that the accident won't have any impact on the value under the PCP - phew!

I wonder if it'll show on a HP report that it has been in an accident though, as that'll certainly impact the value if I decide to keep it next year, then come to sell it on at some point.