Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What a hoot! :D And of course this review is by Fortnine. I love that guy's videos. :heart: One phrase that particularly stuck with me was "heinously quirky build quality". There's a glowing recommendation if I've ever heard one. :eek::joy: Thanks for posting, @DCS900.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the heads up, Adie, but don't you worry. I have ZERO interest in in buying a Ural--or URINAL! :joy: It's just Mr. Sandi that brings it up and always in reference to bringing the dog along. He's mentioned it here and there for years--ever since the first time he laid eyes on a Ural. Fortunately (and one of the reasons why I myself may never have fewer than 3 bikes) there's not one bit of space in our garage. I do think it has sort of become a running joke since Mr. Sandi has never really looked at other bikes with sidecar options. He does also comment that he'd get a bike with a sidecar before he'd be caught riding a trike. :rolleyes: I don't necessarily agree with him on that one, either. I guess time will tell.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Buddy of mine had one some years back, with a side car. Thing did no more than like 55mph on its best day.

4. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

Have to say, Sandi, I'm with hubby on the bike & sidecar (combination in the U.K.) versus trike debate but ............. I'd also have to throw the CAN AM Spyder

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/gb/en/models/spyder-rt.html

into the mix for a full debate. I've ridden the Spyder - not very far - and it's weird .... and weirdly quick.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    What drives us. Great rockumentary by Dave Grohl … worth 90mins of any music lovers time. Amazon

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I've heard that the Sypder is very weird to ride but also very quick. I've not ever ridden a trike, or a bike with sidecar, or a Sypder. So I can only speculate at this point what I might choose if (well, yeah, probably when) I'm faced with giving up two wheels. So I'd be curious to hear more of your thoughts on the Spyder, Adie.

Edit: BUT...I just remembered this is a thread about films and not about sidecars, trikes and Spyders. :eek::joy: Perhaps best we continue the conversation on another thread lest we derail this one?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Fortnine has done a video on the CanAm Spyder too…

And the Ryker

• Like Like x 2
  8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I believe Dilligaf is now running around on a Spyder, the best way to keep going with his shoulder issues :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Yf you ever hear from hym, send hym my regards. (Wrytten yn CanAm language)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I probably won't, wrong part of the country, but I think @TEZ 217 keeps in touch :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'm into episode three of Reacher - good stuff!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Yeah no problem Helmet visor, I will pass on your regards @DCS900

• Like Like x 4
  13. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Cheers @TEZ 217

Well I finally got to watch The Power of the Dog… I think there has to be something to say about giving a film space to breathe, powerful cinematography frameworks and uncomfortable tensions… and this film has that in spades. Maybe a few spades too many… I think it was about 30-40 mins too long… otherwise, it’s nice to have a grown up film that isn’t just guns, fighting, superheroes and posing.
    (I bet the book is better though)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I think you nailed it on your review of The Power of the Dog, DCS. I just saw the Academy Award nominees list yesterday and The Power of the Dog has multiple nominations including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, and Cinematography. I'm betting on it to clean up in a lot of categories. But I don't think Best Editing should be one of them (don't know if it's nominated there or not) because, yes, it is about half an hour too long.

Ha! I just looked up the nominee list and The Power of the Dog IS nominated in the Best Editing category. Um... o_O

https://abc.com/shows/oscars/news/nominations/oscar-nominations-2022-list

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. FellZebra

FellZebra First Class Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Never heard of this one before reading your post, watched it last night and agree with your comments above.
    Worth a couple of hours of my Friday night

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Just had word from him - he's had all his procedures and is happily scooting about on his Spyder.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    A good watch, thanks for the tip, Andy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well, episode 9 of 1883 was a bit dramatic...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for not "oversharing", @Vulpes. Mr. Sandi and I haven't been able to get beyond the first two "trial" episodes. Turns out our Apple TV is too old and we have to get a new one in order to access the app we need to watch 1883. We really liked those teaser episodes and got hooked but... Technology. I love it and I hate it.

20. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I thought it better not to give anything away as I don't know who's watching it and if so, how far in they are...

• Thanks Thanks x 1