Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PatW

PatW Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Something about Jane Campion films, they seem to be kind of slow paced but draw you in. I must re-watch "The Piano" which is a fantastic film.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member
    Subscriber

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I still think Apocalyse Now is epic. Especially the redux version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

If you liked the Ray Donovan series you'll love the new movie.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Golgotha

Golgotha Byronic Anti-Hero
    Subscriber

Feb 5, 2021
    Out In Front.
    #1364 Golgotha, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    Just started the "Gallipoli" miniseries on Netflix. Shaping up to be pretty impressive. Fellow history buffs should find it pretty intriguing. I don't know how it got past me all this time, been out for 6 years.

7 or 8 episodes so it should give me some well needed distraction as the snow and sleet move through over the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iron

Iron Senior Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Matrix Resurrections is just erm....just bad. He whispers all the way through which is really annoying and the fighting may as well be from a 70s Hong Kong Fooey B film. It was so complicated that I really couldn't be bothered to figure out what was going on. Good grief, I only watched it to the end to say that I did. Don't bother, really, don't. : unamused:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member
    Subscriber

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I felt sorry for the pig... :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member
    Subscriber

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I enjoyed that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Golgotha

Golgotha Byronic Anti-Hero
    Subscriber

Feb 5, 2021
    Out In Front.
    Finished it in 2 rainy afternoons. Pretty good. Bounces back and forth between a squad of diggers and the Allied MEF Command. Doesn't paint a pretty picture of most MEF senior officers but then it was pretty much their fault the whole thing went pear-shaped, that, atrocious planning, and inadequate amphib technology. The film doesn't overdo the absolute Hell of WW1 graphically yet still includes enough brief, disturbing imagery to give the audience a genuine appreciation of just what an absolute horror show that war was. There are a couple jaw dropping depictions of trauma, so viewer beware.

It's kind of like a mini-Band-of-Brothers with a more cerebral tone, similar to "The Thin Red Line." Technically it's pretty accurate. You have to be really paying attention to the minutia to find any discrepancies(I saw at least one Ishapore SMLE in the mix, Aussies used Lithgows). It's definitely one that I'll sit through again before too long.

Hope I didn't give away too much.