Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    #1361 DCS900, Jan 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    The River Runner (U.K. Netflix)
    Having done a bit of kayaking, I throughly enjoyed this film…however, if you want to put some perspective on your own insignificance to universal matters… pay close attention to the section about the Indus… this is one river on a tiny part of a continent of the small, blue green backwater planet, in the edge of one of the spiral arms of the Milky Way galaxy… one of at least 200 billion galaxies! we are truly insignificant in size or time!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Watching "in the heat of the night" right now, 1967 and still fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    Valley of the gods- Netflix
    what a drag
    I don't recommend it, while it has some awesome images of the desert, is not enough

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Watched the 4 seasons of "Cobra Kaï". Despite some weak points it's entertaining to see teenage actors from the past now.
    Not sure someone that didn't watched Karate Kid 20+ years ago will like it. I did like it and now waiting for season 5 to be released.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Mr. Sandi and I just finished watching the last episode of the first season of Reacher which is on Amazon Prime. Hopefully it's not the last season. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. I've read nearly all of the Reacher books save for the last couple. I think that Alan Ritchson was brilliantly cast as Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise got the attitude of Reacher close to correct in the movie but Ritchson looks the part as well. We found the TV version of the first Reacher book, Killing Floor, to be a real "page turner". :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    That series is on my watch list. Good to have a feedback

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    We have a lovely cinema near us called The Rex, in Berkhamsted. It gets some unusual films in that won’t be seen in many places, foreign with subtitles often. It’s a bit like Russian roulette or as Forrest Gump says, it’s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. The cinema puts out a booklet with a brief synopsis of each film.
    So we took a chance on an Italian film, “The Hand of God “ which had a good write up. A matinee. Well we walked out after 20 minutes. Not one of our favourites. Despite some lovely Italian bodywork on display ……

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#1368 Golgotha, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2022
    I'm sure many in here have watched this one- "6 Days" about Operation Nimrod in 1980 that put the SAS in the limelight. 2nd time I've seen it. That time a group of Iranian Arabs seized the Iranian Embassy in London. Gives a good depiction into what goes into an op before the goons actually go in. Rehearsals can get TEDIOUS. I've got my own opinions on the backstory of the incident and the way the suits handled it but the filmmakers did a bang-on job of recreating the whole affair.

IMO this trailer reveals too many spoilers so watch with that in mind…

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. TheBeardedPunk

TheBeardedPunk Senior Member

Oct 7, 2021
    Belgium
  10. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I missed the early series and went stright to Babylon 5. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    The Hunt, Netflix. A very tongue in cheek comedy/thriller. Guns, arrows, blood. Think Running Man meets Westworld.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Shot Caller, good flick.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    We just watched "972 Breakdowns". A film about some students who ride in 2,5 years from Halle in Germany to New York with 5 URAL bikes. A short trailer:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Went back to The Rex today and managed to get the whole way through without walking out….
    House of Gucci. Not a very macho film for a guy like me. :p:p
    But it was excellent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

That looks f**kin' bad-ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This looks quite interesting, @Markus! Mr. Sandi keeps talking about getting a Ural so he can take Ellie, the Boxer on our rides. But the title of this film doesn't bode well for trouble-free rides. :eek:

17. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    The film shows how not to do it! At the beginning of their journey, the students had no idea about technical problems with URAL machines and simply bought super-cheap used bikes in extremely questionable technical condition and rode off with them. If you buy a well maintained used machine, or even a new bike, there should be no problems. I myself am thrilled with the version with powered sidecar and reverse gear. But for lack of space and time it remains a dream.

• Like Like x 3
  18. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA

• Like Like x 4
  19. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Don't do it @Sandi T ! You will forever be associated with the ownership of the "URINAL". :D

Cruel, I know, but the early ones, in particular, were Godawful machines that made CZs and MZs seem like high quality, bespoke-build motorcycles of the finest order! And that was pretty much the ONLY purpose the Ural served. :(

Things may have changed - hopefully they have - but buying one of those when you could get a Royal Enfield and Watsonian sidecar, should be classed as criminal intent! :eek:;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Watched The Nightingale the other night. It may have been mentioned on here before, I'm not sure. It's a bit brutal in parts and not for the squeamish but a powerful film. Just a pity that Claire didn't shoot the bastard when she had the chance.

• Agree Agree x 1