Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baldrick174

Baldrick174 Active Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Boscastle, Cornwall
    Couldn't sleep at 2am so watched 47 Ronin. Great film

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Avinarant

Avinarant Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    It's a SOAP Opera Sandi, the only reality in there is the names of the protagonists and the actual historical events, weddings etc. Enjoy it if you like but don't be hoodwinbked into believing that it holds very much truth about our Germanic royals, their inter-personal relationships or their hangers on.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    Cop Car - 2015 (Amazon Prime)

Had seen it before but watched it again with my auld boy. He usually delivers his verdict on films by falling asleep at some point. Nope, not with this one. A belter. Charming, funny, beautifully shot.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
  6. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    Even has a cute dog...[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    We've been into silly comedies. In the past several days we've watched "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and "Animal House". in the queue are "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "Caddyshack". Other recommendations in that genre are welcomed!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Ace Ventura, Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure, 40 Year Old Virgin, Happy Gilmore, Stripes, Being There, Waynes World, Something About Mary, Kung Fu Hustle, Life of Brian, Blazing Saddles, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Three Amigos, Beetlejuice, Team America.
    Hopefully something in there will tickle your fancy :p

9. Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown apprentice mad reclusive genius

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    Top Secret, Real Genius, Big Trouble in Little China, Space Balls, Robin Hood (Men in Tights), Young Frankenstein, Young Einstein, the Princess Bride...

I can go on and on in this genre :)

10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Aaron Brown and @Helmut Visor! Those are terrific recommendations. I've seen nearly all of them and I'd pretty much watch them all again! Aaron, feel free to add more genre recommendations as you think of them. ;):joy: But all these recommendations should hold us for awhile!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Nobody. The first five minutes you'll think you're watching a remake of Groundhog Day. After that things get very entertaining.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Mr. Sandi and I just watched "Nobody" a couple of weeks ago, Lou. Loved it! We really like Bob Odenkirk in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. He was again terrific in Nobody.

13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Continuing on in the Old Classic Comedies genre, last night it was Animal House and tonight we watched Blazing Saddles. We enjoyed Blazing Saddles so much I think our next choice will be Young Frankenstein. :joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I commented on this in a different thread but thought I'd reiterate it here for those who are watching this thread. @Adie P recommended the documentary "Free Solo" and I heartily second his recommendation. Mr. Sandi and I watched it last night and it's fantastic! I think it's a must see movie and I'd watch it again in a heartbeat. And heartbeat is the appropriate word here--this movie will definitely make your heart beat fast!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    just good...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Mr. Sandi and I watched the new (2021) HBO documentary about Tina Turner simply called TINA. It was fantastic. We both loved it and were inspired by how she has lived her life.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    The Italian Job, Michael Caines original version. Just because my wife has got a new Mini Cooper S…Lovely memories of an old classic film. “Your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off”

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    Watching the hobbit again love it