Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    I particularly enjoyed Blood Diamonds - give yourself a treat and try them out:)

• Like Like x 3
  2. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    It's been a while since I finished the series, but something I saw reminded me of it -Babylon Berlin was really good, I thought. It's in German so I had to read the subtitles -didn't negatively effect it in any way. I actually got to where I would recognize a few words.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    Watched TAXI (1998) last night for the 1st time in years. (Saw it at the pics and have it on VHS!)

One of the best opening sequences. Daft but fun. All about loud engines and smashing shit up. Luc Besson went on to do "Ronin" Definite petrolhead that fella. Oh, and Marion Cotillard...

On Amazon Prime, 'mind and switch on the subtitles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Contagion - just to cheer myself up! :joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I've heard good things about Yellowstone - unfortunately I don't have Paramount...

8. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    It was Iron Man 2 last night. We're working our way through the Infinity Saga in MCU chronological order. There are a couple of the films I never got to see and hopefully this way it'll all make sense by End Game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    We talked about Yellowstone over our group ride breakfast and it does seem that it's a bit challenging to get. Mr. Sandi and I have Comcast/Xfinity and they just came out with a new streaming thing called "Peacock" as part of their service and that's how we are able to get that series. Hopefully it will be more broadly available soon.

10. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I actually found a roundabout way to get it. Just watched the first episode - it's good!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Great! Glad you found it. Where there's a will there's a way. :) Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    That Beth Dutton is a piece of work... o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That she is!!! :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I loved the Iron Man series! Enjoy. :)

15. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    We watched Blood Diamonds last weekend -excellent recommendation on your part, thanks!

It was a very good movie in spite of DiCaprio (obviously still not a fan, I think he was terrible in it but I'm probably biased against him based on the fact I've never thought he is very good). Pro tip for the casting director; if you need someone with a South African accent, hire a South African actor. I get it, though, well known actor, box office draw, etc.

Next up, The Aviator!

Edit: P.S. We've been binge watching The Last Kingdom. It's pretty entertaining and I think it is hilarious every time I hear, "I am Uhtred, son of Uhtred". :laughing:

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Glad you enjoyed Blood Diamonds:) I spent quite a lot of time in Africa and met several characters similar to the one Dicaprio portrayed and thought he was quite believable, but you’re bang on about the accent!

If you like the Last Kingdom and you enjoy reading, the books by Bernard Cornwall are infinitely better, I think he’s on number 14 now, nonetheless it’s still a good series

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    I didn't know there were books of the series, but you are right, books are always better -it's all about the details.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Always thought that a real fan of a book should be on the film set, and when the director says "I know, let's do this," they hit them over the head with the book and go "No".

Watched "Ready or not" last night.... Wasn't expecting much 'black comedy' is usually enough of a description to put me off. Actually enjoyed it, lots of death, in messy ways, but the humour was a bit naff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    Watched 'We Were Soldiers' last night on Amazon Prime, starring Mel Gibson and based on Vietnam war, good film IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Just watched 66 Le Mans - brilliant film, never got the Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles stories or links to Ford
    I get it now!!
    Great story, great acting, great speed scenes
    Ooh I’m going to enjoy my ride into London tomorrow - revs are your friend:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1