Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Just checked it out, not sure it's really our thing, thanks though!

• Like Like x 1
  2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Is Lagertha in it ? :cold_sweat::pensive:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    It's different... Didn't think I'd like it at first....

Okay, try "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix instead. Its a TV adaptation of the Bernard Cornwell (of 'Sharpe' fame) novels.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Sadly... No. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    We watched that one first, really enjoyed that as well which was why we looked at Vikings

• Like Like x 1
  6. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Similar tastes obviously. I haven't seen all of the Vikings series' yet, so got some catch up to do.

At a tangent, I have been watching a lot of the Studio Ghibli anime, and series like "death note". Our daughter is well into them.

We tried that thing about the Templars, so memorable I can't recall it's name. It may have been on the history channel originally... Made a good sandwich though, minus the bread, but plenty of cheese, and ham.

Kingdom is quite good, but Korean and subtitled... Think ancient China, but with zombies.

Also Korean.... "the mystic pop up bar". That's different. :rolleyes: actually quite funny, but kind of serious. I think the subtitles are hilarious... I mean, you know they are probably uttering some fruity cuss words, but the translation comes out as "my goodness" or "gosh" :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Kinghtfall. I had to look it up. Well worth avoiding.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Was that Knightfall about the Templars? Was thinking of giving it a go, along with a couple of others, Marco Polo and Frontier look ok and maybe Medici, set in Florence might be worth a look. Trouble is when you really get into a series nothing else really compares :(

9. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Yes, that was the Templars one... I think I got about halfway through the first episode. It was just so... Hammy, cgi-y (?) dead acting....

Have you seen "The Borgias"? Don't know if it's on any of the streaming services, I got the series on dvd. That's very good, I reckon you'd get into that.

Edit... Quick Google suggests it's on Prime and Netflix.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Cheers, I'll have a look for that. I started watching Spartacus a couple of years ago, I was expecting something really good, I think we switched it off after 20 minutes!

11. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    I am Spartacus!

(me too... Not sure I stood it for 20 mins even!)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Mr. Sandi and I watched "Ford vs. Ferrari" for the 2nd time last night. The first time we saw it was back in November before I bought my Mustang Bullitt in February. It was fun to see the movie again and I enjoyed the movie even more the second time around!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Freaks, on Netflix.

At the start I was thinking, wtf? But it suddenly makes sense. Worth sticking with. Some familiar faces in it, but nobody massively famous...I think the girl playing the main character (supposed to be 7) will go a long way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    All the money in the world - about John Paul Getty, thoroughly enjoyed that one...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Believe it or not, until about a week ago neither Mr. Sandi nor I had ever seen any of the "Fast & the Furious" movies. So we decided to watch all of them in order. So far we've watched the first four. Not "high art" but pretty fun and high entertainment value if you like cars and car chases! :grinning: Which I do. ;)

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 12.06.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 12.06.57 PM.png

And it looks like two more are in the works. That said, a new James Bond movie was supposed to be out this summer, too, but COVID has changed lots of things including the movie industry.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 12.07.08 PM.png

image.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    72170_c0d340fdfdf1771d73c905d63a4efc05.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    How is it that hair loss looks oh so good on Jason Statham? :cool::heart_eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    Men Of Honour,the true inspiring story of Carl Brashear.The 1st american navy black master diver.What a great story of adversity!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    One of my other interests is watches, Oris made a watch to commemorate Carl Brashear, what a brave and inspirational man https://www.oris.ch/en/realpeople/55/Carl Brashear

• Like Like x 3
  20. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Told you it was a great film, the determination of that man to overcome not just social issues but physical ones to reach his aim in life is a monument to others

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1