Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Bladerunner 2 is ok, not up to the original, but still worth a watch.

SPLIT
    Not a huge James McAvoy fan, but this was actually quite good. Typical from m. Night, good psychological thriller, needed a policeman looking for them, but other than that was a decent film.

2nd part of unbreakable trilogy, final part , Glass is in the cinema next week.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Not a film as such. Well not a film at all. Anyway, just finished binge watching the tv mini series Band of Brothers, for about the dozenth time. And feck me, every fecking time it gets me in the last five minutes of the final episode, my fucking eyes well up and my nose snivels. You'd think I'd've learned by now.

Anyway, just gonna start watching The Pacific for about the near dozenth time. The books it's based on are a terrific read too.

3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Talking of combat mini series, if you haven't seen Generation Kill, again based on true events, then I'd recommend it highly to any war history buffs out there.

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Band of brothers was a great series.

Just back from the cinema to see Aquaman, it was OK, a real CGI fest as you'd imagine, a bit cheesy in places, but worth a watch on a dreary winters evening.

• Like Like x 1
  5. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Agree about B of B, I've watched it three times now and i'll probably make it four soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Two films of completely different character I've watched recently :-

1. LOCKE with Tom HARDY as the central (and only 'visible') character in the film. It's an hour and twenty minutes of HARDY in his car, driving towards the London area and making a series of 'phone calls. Clearly not an "action" film but, incredibly, there's a real sense of tension in the whole film - and not just about whether or not he'll make his destination in time. HARDY rarely does clunkers and, despite the most unlikely of premises for a full length movie, this is no exception to his usual standards! Definitely worth a watch.

2. COLLECTION on Amazon PRIME. Sylvester STALLONE, Tom BERENGER, Kelsey GRAMMER, Cary ELWES (anyone else like "The Princess Bride"?:)) and a whole host of other recognisable faces take part in one of those movies where a series of seemingly unrelated threads in the wider picture come together towards the end. It's one of those films that is not to be taken at all seriously, depsite some serious acting. Entertaining enough if there's nothing else on the box and almost worth it for the Muzzy GT driven by Wolfie.

• Like Like x 3
  7. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Lasted 20 minutes in Locke. Just annoyed me. Changed channel.:confused:

A film of a guy talking ??? I just don't get it. Like tarantino films where they film a 20 minute conversation:confounded: Not for me, sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I dont normally like "emotional movies" but I just watched this, twice!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Was that remain controlled ?

10. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
  11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

No that's the beauty I think. Speaking of remain...:)

12. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Last night watched again "The King's Speech" - what a brilliant film! TBH I'd forgotten just how good it is. Great cast, great direction and great story. What not to be missed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Stan and Ollie, mostly focussing on their time in the UK, it's a great film with brilliant performances from Steve Coogan and John C Reilly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Just watched " The Internship" - really lovely, funny and touching film about two middle-aged salesmen who take an internship at Google. Really good time film.

15. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

The good the bad and the ugly... extended version...

Still love that film, but it seems so out of sorts to modern films it’d probably flop these days... Hey, Blondie...

16. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Yesterday was made for TV, Cold and raining. So, I watches my wife's Amazon fire and came up with some great finds.

British Classic Motorcycles, narrated by Liam Dale.

Brittown. Small American shop with a 750 Bonnie eng rebuild, along with classic m/x bikes!

M/c of yesteryear - a nostalgic look back
    Ariel - Triumph - BSA - Norton

You won't find any academy awards here, but very informative and entertaining. Beautiful bikes!The next time I am down in the dumps because of the weather, I will remember this day and cheer up!

• Like Like x 5
  17. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Just having a mooch around and came across this:-

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Bohemian Rhapsody, if you like Queen you'll love it, if not give it a swerve, I really enjoyed the Movie, it's a shame that I knew the ending!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

He wins

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  20. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    SSSHHHHH ! Don't spoil it ! :D