Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Was looking for a decent film so looked through this thread and saw this post for Hacksaw Ridge, just watched and it is very very good
    Better than Dunkirk by a long way
    Directed by Mel Gibson who did a very good job

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Watched Dunkirk yesterday, wasn’t impressed. I know it was a fairly specific event and can only really be told the way it was but the story didn’t keep me entertained.
    Did go and see MI Fallout tho in IMAX, meh, it was a MI film, pretty similar theme but some good bike scenes, Tiger 800, Speed Triple, BMW R9t

3. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Went to see Incredibles 2 at the weekend, I cocked up the timings so we missed it, joint decision to see Ant man and the wasp instead, it was an OK film with a few amusing bits but there is a chase scene where the baddies are using Thruxton R's.

4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Dunkirk - Yeah, didn't get the swapping around of timelines in that film. Maybe I'm just thick, but found it confusing and not really sure why they did it that way! If it just played in order was it boring, so lets mix it up and confuse the audience!!!! The cinematic effects were great, but just the most exciting storyline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Death of Stalin.
    Hilarious black comedy set around the Soviet leaders death in 1953. Cast includes Michael Palin and Paul Whitehouse but the best is Jason Isaacs as war hero Marshall Zhukov, played with a broad Yorkshire accent.
    Referring to Malenkov's hair:

"Jesus Christ, did Coco Channel take a shit on your head?"
    "No he did not" replies Malenkov.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Agree, Death of Stalin is worth a watch. Jason Issac is really good. Takes a bit of concentration to keep up with the plot, but well worth the effort. I even read up on the history and actual happenings around that time, maybe a bit of truth in this humour.

Sat watch Fistful of Dollars. Digitally remastered version, looks so much '''cleaner' than I remember.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Watching Clint now - long time since I've seen this!
    Read "In the court of the Red Tsar" recently about Stalin from 1922 until his death. The film is pretty accurate - they left him to die on a couch in the corridor as no one dare call a doctor as Stalin had had them all shot or imprisoned!

• Like Like x 1
  8. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Just watched Red Sparrow, I enjoyed it too, very entertaining.

9. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Watched this a few days ago. Agree it's well worth a watch.

10. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Watched 'Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri' the other night on cable. My whole family thought it was great. If you aren't particularly fond of organized religions, it's got one of the best anti-religion rants I've every seen. Also watched 'Thor Ragnarok' last night. It's like most of the Thor movies, but the humor in this one hit me just right last night and had me laughing pretty hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    i loved NightCrawler

12. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    if ya got Amazon Prime Streaming. The Americans. Full 6 seasons. wow. binge watching.

13. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Sicario 1

sicario 2

Really good movie's about the drug cartels

14. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Needed something to fill a couple of hours while the car was in for a warranty inspection so went to see BlackKKlansman at the cinema. Set in the 70’s it’s about a black fella who joins the police, becomes a detective and with the help of a white colleague brings about the downfall of the Ku Klux Klan.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Out of 10 .. how do you rate it

16. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Well, it held my attention and interest and has an unexpected ending so I’d say at least 8, maybe 9 :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    I know they are older but The hunger games 1 & 2.
    When I first heard about them I thought just the usual dysfunctional utopian type film.
    Having now watched the first two my thoughts have changed on them.
    Personally I don’t enjoy going to the cinema nowadays just feel it’s a rip off particularly the drinks and snacks cost.
    You practically have to stuff your own drinks and snacks down your trousers or up yer kilt up here or face the very disapproving and condescending staff.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Went to the cinema to watch "House with a clock in it's walls" last night, Jack Blacks new one, bit fluffy and lost I thought.

19. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Just started on season 6. Excellent show.

20. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #400 Rich Bryce, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Last film, a couple of nights ago, Legend, with Tom Hardy playing the Kray twins. Very good. Well worth seeking out. Takes me back to when we used to pop in for a quick drink at a former Kray pub on the Commercial Road on the way in to town of a Friday or Saturday night in the mid to late 70's. Regulars there still told stories about them. And to a Chippy Browell, a mate at school, who, in the sixth form, bought a Mini with a red stain in the middle of the upright of the front passenger leather seat. The car had been previously registered to one of the Kray businesses and presumably sold off after they were convicted in '69. Now the stain might have been nothing more than tomato sauce spilled from Reggie's fish 'n chip supper, but you never know.

• Like Like x 1