1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. John760

John760 New Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Kent
    #101 John760, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    n
    not sure i'll prprobably have a look this weekend sometime, if I do i'll report back with results.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Will try to find time next week. MOT fail on the car, so gotta sort that out first

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Solution up tomorrow. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

#105 MrOrange, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016
    [​IMG]

Link to pins
    Link to resistors
    Link to diode
    Link to piggybacks

Japanese 4mm bullet male, female and doubles all over Ebay.

I soldered all my connectors on, except piggybacks, just crimped. Don't particularly like crimped, but can add a bit of solder for extra.

This is my solution, and can be confirmed this is the same as a certain other chap wants to charge money for. Have shown this to someone who paid, and he has confirmed that the adapter is simply two resistors and diodes, as i posted back on page 3 of this thread. I have seen one, and is as above.

My Tacho was dodgy, and am awaiting a new one from china, that is what has taken me so long to get this all sorted. Once I have it all in place, I will put up step by step instructions for the world to see.

I am currently waiting on my supplies being delivered and hopefully I can supply you with some kits asap. Delivery from china takes about 2 weeks, so having to wait, jap bullet connectors are expensive from UK suppliers, and I am a tight git !

This is a relatively easy fit. The 'adapter' supplied by A.N.Other, is just 2 pins, one length of heat shrink, one tiny bit of multicore wire and the coil connection piece soldered up, so there is still a fair bit of DIy and soldering required.

Will do my best to put some 'kits' together :D

Big thanks to a forum member for all his help and assistance on this little venture ;)
    (Not DLJ, by the wayo_O)

• Like Like x 6
  6. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Nice one! Thanks for the update. Hopefully guys who need this will be able to source the bits either from the 'net or your good self ……….. and NOT from the guy who was hoping to make a quick buck from the genuine guys on his forum.

• Like Like x 2
  7. John760

John760 New Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Kent
    Super Mr O can't wait for the step by step and if you put kits together put me down for one. Great work.

• Like Like x 2
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hey mr O why not put it in a new thread so you cut out the cr#p

• Like Like x 2
  9. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Will do, once I have all the bits and piece's, I'll post up a solution and adapter, kits etc. Once all worked out. :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Why has this thread changed name ??? Do we have admin ??? Or is OP able to do this ???

11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Ahhhhhhhh- DLJ has visited us during the night and had a clean up !!!!!

12. Lud

Lud Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Swansea
    Start fresh thread mate

• Like Like x 1
  13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Hurry up my sea monkeys are getting old :oops:

14. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Just shows what kind of character he is. We're better off without him and his "assistance"