Scrambler Kriega Solo Saddlebags - 14 Or 18?

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by foxy52, Mar 17, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    Has anyone fitted a Kriega saddlebag (14 or 18) to a Scrambler (865)? From the rear I want a well-balanced look in relation to the width of the high pipes. What I don't want is any rubbing on the shock or indicator. Will 40mm wider & 25mm deeper make any difference? She's in storage & I have no access until the snow's gone (Finland). I've made a mock-up in the house with a spare seat/pannier rail/cardboard box but I'd like it to be a bit more exact. They're not cheap & don't want to say later "I wish I'd...." Ta muchly.

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    No direct experience on this bike but unless you need bigger panniers they always add appreciable bulk. Keep them as small as you actually need. I reckon this photo I found tells its own lop sided story

A3613E70-C2D2-4C46-8F7F-6FE50D9E123C.jpeg

3. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    Exactly what I don't want.. Don't want anything wider than the bars. Just want to take a bit of weight off the rack for me next holidays. Thanks for the photo mate, it does help - 1 way or another!