Killer Brands Detailing

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Dave Teece, Sep 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave Teece

Dave Teece Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    #1 Dave Teece, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Visited Colin at his workshop on Friday to get the Street Trip cleaned and ready for winter with a coating of ACF-50. You can do your own research on the coating, many of you may know of or already use it, or even apply it yourselves. I simply wanted to give my experience of Colin and the fastidious attention to detail he lavished on my bike. Process consisted of snow foam, degreaser wash and dry. Then he applied the ACF-50 to every surface apart from mirrors, brake discs and tyres (obviously). He polished the paintwork (what there is of it). The whole process took in excess of four hours. It did seem to feel a bit tedious as there is little to do while waiting but in the end it was obvious he takes his time and the results speak for themselves, I think.
    If you're in a reasonable distance of Chigwell/Ongar in Essex, I'd wholeheartedly recommend him if you're in the market to treat your baby.
    I've posted pictures in the Street Triple sub-forum but, as usual, they don't do it justice.
    Oh, and while he was finishing the ACF-50 coating he spent around fifteen minutes hooking waste casting material that was rattling around in one of the rear wheel spars :cool:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dave Teece

Dave Teece Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Hi Ade. I chose to use this guy as I don't have a garage and also have a peek at how it's done. He charged me hundred and thirty quid, including a set of swing arm bobbins (for my future convenience) which I was happy with. Oh, this guy has come away from AllYearBiker for personal reasons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    A few bmw dealers have valeters attatched that do an acf50 service, you should try giving them a call

• Agree Agree x 1