Kevlar Jeans

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by RROB, Aug 25, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    They are the comfiest protection jeans I've had,they are made from Dynateco_O but it looks and feels just like denim,and in abrasive tests it out performs leather,it also has removable hip and knee protection, i leave them in all the time as you don't really notice them. they have a similar fit to a pair of levi 501s. you have to make sure you buy the correct length as you cant shorten them due to the waterproof lining..and yes i can vouch for them being waterproof :). it took me months to convince myself to shell out all that money on a pair of jeans (i am scottish :rolleyes: )..but they are not just jeans think of them as a technical pair of motorbike trouser that look and feel just like an ordinary pair of jeans:cool:, the only downside i had was when it was hot the waterproof lining can make you feel even hotter..if it's hot i wear a very light pair of base layer long johns underneath and that solves the problem :)

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    #44 sprintdave, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    I bought a similar pair last year. They are not the best quality, the kevlar,as biglad said,is next to no use at all, the denim is quite thin too, only good bit for me was the knee and hip armour but it is in a cheap velcro type pocket and I am sure it wouldnt stay there in an accident. better off paying the price for decent quality jeans. Have to say tho that I like the fit, I have lost 4 and a half stone and they are snug and flatter me,lol.

I do have a pair of aldi's bike jeans, they are a little better but at only £38 quid or so again they arent the best and no hip armour supplied,had to put my own in.

4. Watty2016

Watty2016 Active Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Dorridge

Just bought a pair and as you said they are the bees knees!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    I bought a pair of Rokker jeans this evening, I'll wear them on the commute tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  6. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Hood gets my vote, British manufactured and a great service, made to any length FOC and a good comfortable fit on and off the bike. You feel protected with the full Kevlar lining but can also insert pads if wanting further protection. I wear them daily and will be getting a second pair in black. Good value for money and a quality product.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Watty2016

Watty2016 Active Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Dorridge
    I splashed out on a pair of Rokker jeans and they are superb, not cheap but I have to say having bought other ones, these are of a massively better quality level.

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Looked at RST Isle of Man, today they seemed thin and only partly linned. they get great reviews though. Any one have these?

9. Vmaxpete

Vmaxpete New Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Boston Lincolnshire
    HI,

Always was a bit dubious with how protective they might be, BUT can talk from experience, Halvarssons Yago jeans do an excellent job, as do there Mech pants(wife can testify to them!). And the Yago ones are waterproof, lived in mine till they had to be cut off, don't reckon anything would have saved the knee! And a lot cheaper than Rokker....

• Like Like x 1
  10. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    I had some RST jeans a few years ago.... I'm a great lover of their leather kit having used it to the extreme having a off at Silverstone a couple of years ago.... but the jeans are thin and not that well protected with Draggin, Rokker you get what you pay for....

• Like Like x 1