Kevlar Jeans

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by RROB, Aug 25, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Might try a pair Tomo as there seems to be a stockist in Cannock, if only they did a 29-30" leg length they all seem to be 32" minimum.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tomo

Tomo Active Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Birmingham
    I got mine from Sutton Honda (their Bromsgrove branch), but there is a good chance that they'll carry stock at their Tamworth branch, which would a lot closer to Cannock, and is the bigger of their two outlets.
    I only went in for a ten quid oil filter for my CRF, and ended up buying a £130 pair of jeans....no wonder the wife doesn't like me wandering into bike shops with money in my pocket!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Watty2016

Watty2016 Active Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Dorridge
    Are the triumph jeans any good as looking at a pair and although not fully lined, did look reasonably good?

4. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    #24 RROB, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Hood Jeans.....

might give these a go.....are there any shrinking issues with first wash ? and do you choose same regular jeans size for fitting or a slightly longer leg to stop riding up ?.....

5. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Don't go too long as when you walk round you like you've got someone else's jeans on, I made this mistake and end up having to turn them up an inch when I walk round (not a good look IMO)

• Like Like x 1
  6. AGS5150

AGS5150 New Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Warwickshire
    My housemate has a pair of Roadskin kevlar jeans and seems to rate them highly. They're fully lined, have accommodation for armour and some variants have been treated with a water resistant solution

• Like Like x 1
  7. om15

om15 Active Member

Sep 5, 2016
    dorset
    I have been wearing Hood jeans all summer, very comfortable, don't look baggy, but do tend to ride up over the boots when riding.
    Don't feel too hot, even when it's scotchio, I did about 40 miles in the driving rain last week, and I was surprised to find that I remained dry, so recommended http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/
    best om

• Like Like x 1
  8. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    Emailed hood they recommend an extra inch in the leg but normal everywhere else....
    They are getting good reviews with tests etc

9. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    This is something you need to decide for yourself, if you add an extra inch they will be too long for walking about in, if you go for the correct length they will be a bit short for riding, check it out with your normal jeans to see how they will fit when sitting on your bike.

For me, I'd go with the correct length for wearing through the day and have them a bit short when on the bike but you pays your money,,,

10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I have a pair of Draggin jeans which are well lined with Kevlar but have no armour in them or means of fitting it. They fit well and look like ordinary jeans and I use them for short runs into town when I need to walk about - not sure I would wear them on longer journeys though. They are quite thick and really too warm to be in the sun for long though.
    Have a pair of Oxford jeans which came free with my MCN subscription. These are thinner and have less Kevlar lining but do have hip and knee armour fitted (from other trousers I no longer use) - these are lighter and cooler and I feel happier wearing these because of the armour.

11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I got a pair of Hornee Kevlar jeans. Medium weight, reasonably comfy. Best bit is the separate armour they sell, like a set of skateboard kneepads. Slide them on with a lycra type legging thingy and can be velcro'd into place, I don't bother, just tuck into my socks, holds them in place. Much happier with some armour, not just Kevlar protection.

Could be used with any Kevlar jeans. LINK.
    upload_2016-9-8_10-6-8.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    can also be used with shorts:eek:

13. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Don't encourage the biglad!

14. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Or tracky bottoms ?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    We call them Pervy Pants

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yorkie199

Yorkie199 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    I got the Knox Richmond jeans they're fully Kevlar lined and the have hip and knee protectors and you can zip out the knee pads when you're off the bike they're quite tight fitting on the lower legs so don't go over racing style boots

17. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Blowtorch and cutthroat razor :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  18. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    Of these Kevlar jeans that have been recommended which ones are waterproof?

19. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    I bought the Rokker jeans, mostly because they are waterproof and I can vouch for that as I commuted back from London (40 miles) in pouring rain (motorway speeds) this afternoon and they were totally waterproof - amazing really. I also wore them recently when I loaned a bike in Tenerife and they coped really well in the hot weather. They are expensive but are probably the best motorcycle jeans currently on the market.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    Thanks for the recommendation. So, they're just like wearing normal jeans then?