Featured Kellys Speed Outlet

Discussion in 'Vintage Classics' started by elevensies, Sep 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    Hi all,

Not one for advertising, but i run Kelly's Speed Outlet, its a small place i have that is designed for classic and vintage racers to get their bikes prepped for racing, whatever that may be.
    Based in North Lincolnshire
    I drag race, sand race, oval speedway, and flat track.
    So if its simple whats best for, or what will this do questions, ask away, or getting your bike ready for Pendine Sands, or santa pod let me know i may be able to help

[email protected]

if this is inappropriate, please delete or move

thanks
    Mark

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    wow thats a beauty, you fancy racing vintage flat track?
    Gary from Sportax is the man for all things Rotax,
    If its the 500 rotax you want the delorto pfh 36, great carb, and tune-able too, Mikuni work really well, and come up more often at better prices.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Elevensies.
    Nice to hear from you and its always good to talk to someone who is into all the racing side of things. Never know when we need a bit of advice.
    Regards & Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    racing is what iv done for many years in one form or another, im trying to diversify, move my objectives as i get older, and flat tracking and straight line is where im at in life. I have a old BSA which is on here somewhere that i love straightlining on, along with a zoo of other contraptions.
    kettles always on too

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Elevensies
    Well you know we like pictures on here and the nurse recommends them to quieten the inmates. So do hit the upload a file and let us all see some of these steeds. I to love the BSA'S.
    Regards
    Joe

6. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    what this old nail haha

thumbnail_IMG_0724.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Elevensies
    Boy that's no nail. Its a real beauty And dam original. It is what made British biking famous and I bet it sounds fantastic. Is it a b33 or earlier. I love it BSA Rules the world.
    Regards
    Joe.

8. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    thanks guys, at some point when i find the time, i have a bsa lightweight bantam thats getting a speedway conversion and a JAP motor with 2 speed box.
    but i have enough going on sorting my shop truck out at the mo.

thumbnail_IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1296.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  9. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    new door, new wing, someone hit the side and wrecked it

10. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    new door, new wing, someone hit the side and wrecked it

11. Is the Beeza what you do the sprinting on ?
    I used to race in the straightliners series, i did near on 10 full seasons i think, i was never particularly good at it though, i only ever made 1 final :confused: but i absolutely loved it, and still do, although i've not raced for a few years now.
    I'd love a bash at flat track though, i've done the Pete Boast flat track training school a few times and done ok there, racing is a whole different kettle of fish though :laughing:

12. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    petes a good bloke, he really knows his stuff, and if you have done a lesson with him, you will have come out well
    you should do it, its a great laugh, and in the main unless your in DTRA championship contention, its just a fun day out for not a lot of money.
    You can do a whole variety of classes, from inappropriate road bike, where scooters to bmw gs race, to street tracker, or even if your bike fits the class full flat track.
    Im flat track racing sunday but in 2 classes im also taking a vintage to race.
    i was nearly tempted to race my scrambler,

thumbnail_IMG_0803.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    yeah only now and again, its fickle 6v electrics cause issues, i need to rid most of the electrics from it, but each time i get ready to start stripping it down i just look and think, na, looks right as it is, then put it back in the corner.
    one day, maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I was very tempted last year, i had a TTR600 that i was gonna use, but things got in the way, and it didn't happen.
    I've been to dirtquake at Kings Lynn, would love to have a go at that.
    I'll do it one day when i've got a suitable bike to play with

• Like Like x 1
  15. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    iv just raced dirtquake down at arlington stadium in August.
    Never again. Not even bothered about the DTRA points. Iv never been to an even so policed that you couldnt take videos, they wouldnt allow it. ITV own the rights now to DQ, its all just publicity. We had our 1st quick 4 lap practice at 11am, (if you dont know arlington, its got a very very awkward 1st turn you need to learn) then nothing on track until 2 pm, track wasnt even being used, as John Mcguiness and co were playing look at me around it.
    1st moto 4 laps, i placed 4th, 45mins later 2nd moto of 4 laps got stuck in traffic and placed 6th, no more after that, as i didnt qualify, so in a full weekend i made 12 laps, some only had 9 laps.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blimey, that's not good. I didn't realise ITV owned the rights to it either, that'll probably get all fucked up and die a death then.
    I've been to Peterborough to see DTRA events too, also seen it when it was on at the MCN show, the top riders are very impressive to watch.

17. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    There was a load of us who said never again, its all part of the Guy martin publications thing, in conjunction with ITV.
    raced on the sunday, it was on itv4 on the wednesday, and if you saw it, it was a joke, i Hope Pete cringed. They even had a kenny roberts 750 stroker there and you didnt see it !!!
    I was talking with a pal who went with Pete to teach "the pros" how to go around the track, and what you saw was no spirit of competition, you saw what they wanted you to see, if you watch it on itv play back, look out for coco, she won thunder on a sponsored harley, in her class was tai woofended, multiple times world champ, just watch it, please you need to now lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    ahh this only thing i got recognised for, and its on DQ web site photo page is my boot
    my metal boot has welded on the side "faster"
    they didnt post other side as welded that said "fuck this"

hahaha

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. I will watch it, i watched the day it aired on TV, i saw the TZ750, didn't McG and Parrish and another ex racer do a few parade laps on the TZ and a couple of other special old bikes ? or am i making that up ??
    I'm sure i remember the demo laps being super slow, i could have gone quicker on my mountain bike :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. hahaha