Just Thinking Which Is Dangerous At My Age

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by joe mc donald, Sep 25, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Mr Toad.
    That was my thoughts as well. Its a lot of money to pay for something that give very little benefit and I believe it has to be charged by a Lion charger.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I priced a Lithium battery up for my Bonnie at £180
    They are smaller and lighter and do give more power.
    But there is no way that I would pay nearly four times as much than I need for a battery.
    Optimate charger or similar and you should have no problem with a standard battery.
    Capt uses Lithium, check some of his posts out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Half ton.
    Yes probably the same here. Can't justify the extra when the gel is just as good.
    Stay Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    My Motobatt is two years old and even after a couple of weeks or more without any use will still show around 12.7 volts when I check it.:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    stevethegoolie
    Yes that is good but I think maybe I will stay with the Gel just like others said its easy enough to stick it on the tickle charger.

Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
  6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    This begs the question......Do car drivers understand lithium batteries:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Mostly not I suspect.

It shows us that there is a certain type of person out there who will hand over money without question for something the advertisers tell them is better.

Yes, LiOn batteries are fantastic in the right place, phone, laptop, electric vehicle etc. but for a starter battery not so much.

• Like Like x 2
  8. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes I agree and will stay with my gel type. I can get two or three for the same price and that will probably last till I retire.
    regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  9. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Bikes are like Marmite you either love em or loathe em nothing in the middle ground

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Thought Id share this problem solving chart with you all just for a laugh soz about the bad language but it really does work.

IMG_0405.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Speak and you shall be heard ! Benefits of a lithium battery .. ! There shall be power ! There shall be lots of it ! Lots to spare ! I can leave my bike unattended no trickle charger attached for many weeks ( did 9+ month's of fifo) and it will start ! I have an intermittent non starting issue (ecu senses low voltage) but I've checked with a meter 12•8v and better ! Ecu cuts out the starter relay ! So I've put my own momentary starter switch in, I can crank bike over until ECU resets and it Start's !! Every time !! Guaranteed !! It will probably crank over for several Minutes ! Not tried this but that's the impression I get, it cranks over That Strongly !

Lithium battery well worth the cost ;):grinning::):)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    You have all made this very complicated, just think what the opening line was? It just needed punctuation!

Just thinking? Which is dangerous at my age!

Answer. Yes your right mate!