Featured Jumble Sale

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Iron, Feb 20, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    #1 Iron, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    Has been proper 'orrible weather over the last week or so. The wheelie bins have fallen down all over the place. Luckily the Admin Staff was wise enough to put ours away in the stores. At least the Beeb were on it with their "we're all doomed" outlook on life so we had plenty of warning.
    As the Ruskies are about to attack at any moment me and a pal shot off to the Autojumble, in his van, to see if we could raise some money for a fall out shelter. We'll fight over who gets to go in it later on.
    Had a nice chat with @darkman and obviously, between us, solved all known problems across the planet. This made me feel better about things so I went off with some optimism and bought a gallon of Castrol 10W50 and this

1.jpg

Aha an old rusty completely rubbish tool box you are thinking. Yes so was I until I looked in it

2.jpg

"Cor, it might have some useful non metric stuff in there" I thought. "How much is that?" I ask the young lady not trying to look too keen. "A tenner" she says. Not being one to barter I says "Luvly, I'll have that". "Thank fuck for that" she says "It's so bloody heavy I didn't want to lug it back home".
    After a small chat discovering she owns a T140V and calls it "her armchair" (No, I didn't understand that either) and her ol' man a T140E. I lugged it back home.

Today I had a search through and there's Britool, Gordon, Draper, Kamasa nearly all non metric with BS, WW, AF and even BA. Also a fair pile of metric. So it's out with the totally excellent

5.jpg

• Like Like x 14
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Always great having a chat lol, nice find with the tool box and you even found one with patina so no work req lol. Weather held out for us on the way home but the van is filthy, going to leave it for a few days until this shit weather passes before washing it :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    So that's where all my 10mm sockets went!!!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    #4 Iron, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    I'm afraid the tool box will be ending up in the skip along with it's patina.
    That's why I like bombing around in someone else's van (well, also due to the fact that I haven't got one)
    Sorted through and wiped over. You can see all the 10mm unused sockets still in the box.

4.jpg

And over a cup of tea will watch as the rust vanishes away. I've reused and reused this evapo-rust stuff. Worth every penny.

3.jpg

One day I'm gonna find a drawer full of ball point pens, where the fuck has the pen gone again?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Down the back of the sofa with all the 21 year old virgins and a unicorn probably

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Erling

Erling Elite Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    Never mind the unicorn, you have 21 year old virgins in your country??

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Yes, we are a very mature thinking society here. We only think about sex over the age of 20. Not like you randy Norwegians at all.
    They've all come up lovely but I'll never find the right size now (that's what the Bishop said anyway)

2.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    No, all nativity plays cancelled, plenty of donkeys but no wise men, or virgins.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2