Featured Jet My Dog Back Home

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Oct 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Yeah I’m working on the welding person trying to appeal to their better nature!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

We could buy him one?

• Like Like x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bad Billy
    We will all be there routing for you. Just hope it all turns out well for you and the camper.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi Joe, this certainly filled my heart with joy tonight. Glad you got him back mate ! Regards

• Like Like x 2
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    People I am overwhelmed by the response to my mail. It really make me glad I am a member like DozersDad says the best forum in the world. Thankyou everyone. SmilinJack I'd even put you up for the night with them.
    Thanks Again
    Joe

• Like Like x 3
  6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Brilliant news buddy. I am genuinely thrilled and happy that you got him back :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Great news they are such a big part of the family and do break your heart so over the moon at your good news :):)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Here we are peeps this is Jet as promised. He's had his groom and deflea'd so back to his mischievous self
    Again all my Thanks.
    Joe.

jet home 1.jpg

jet home.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    SmilinJack.
    No he's begging for his dinner. Didn't know we had to feed him. Probably why he ran away from home.
    Ride Safe
    Joe

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Just seen this, so sorry to see the beggining of the thread, but so happy to see the happy ending.
    The bastards need a good 'talking' to, 'if you know what I mean 'arry?'
    I've got all 4 of my dogs signed up on DOG LOST, all with pictures and descriptions of each just in case anything was to happen, no having to find chip numbers, up load pictures etc, all done, just notify them and they post it up, often get help with searching and even trapping, and they have 'lost, found and re-united forum pages' a well worth while srvice and its free to join, upto you if you make a donation but please remember these services cost money to run.
    Also often there are local area lost dog groups too, so its worth having a google!
    So please he's home with you all again, he looks a chipper 'lil fella!

• Like Like x 3
  11. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    H.o.
    Thanks for that and I will look into it further. As with the tracker people we have I was not over impressed. They put up local posters and contacted vets. But all they wanted after that was an extra twenty odd pounds to up grade his chip but would not tell me what the upgrade entailed or how good it would be. Thanks again.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Oh this micro chip is a right con, by law you now have to have your dog chipped, good thing BUT the government gave the contract to the Kennel Club, and they've milked it for all its worth!
    40 odd years ago it was only a couple of quid, went up to a fiver, now proggessively got dearer, now initial chipping costs about £25 if you dont get it in with innoculations/vet check etc, then if you pass on/sell you puppy/dog it costs the seller another £16 to put it in the new keepers name, then the new keeper has to pay again for the 'Premium' service, or pay more to have amendments like change of address!
    A lot of animals are recovered when an unsuspecting 'owner' takes their animal to the vets for the first time and find when its scanned by the vet its stolen or reported lost!
    Often animals have turned up 5 years or more after being lost, so if you loose an animal still change your chip details if you move, you never know, you could still be reunited.
    All Micro chip companies use 1 central information holding facility, yes, you've guessed it, run by the Kennel Club!
    Every single GBGB Greyhound now has to be chipped, then when they retire the owners have to pay to transfer it to the new keeper too, nice little earner!Please dont confuse any of this with Dog Lost, they are a completley independent
    not for profit organisation who work with individuals and other like minded regional groups to try to reunite people with their (mainly) dogs, some times cats, birds, I've even seen them get a horse back!
    Members of the public often go on search's, poster hanging etc, I'm on their list of helpers but so far have not been needed in my area.
    Hope this explains it a bit more for every one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I just lurve a happy ending:). Nice one, Joe. I'm delighted for you!:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Been away for the past week and just saw this. CONGRATULATIONS on getting your buddy back!!!

• Like Like x 1