Jaime Whitham Diagnosed With Cancer Again !!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Jun 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

James diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma
    Published on 25th May 2017
    Unfortunately James was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma a few weeks ago. This is the same cancer he suffered with in his late 20's. He was not feeling particularly unwell but noticed a swollen gland which was investigated. Last week James had his first week of chemotherapy. The treatment is in four week cycles with a week of intensive inpatient treatment one week in four.

James will do as much TV work as his energy levels permit and is planning to attend as many of our Track Training days as he can although he is unlikely to be riding.

Many fans and customers have already sent their best wishes which is appreciated. We will be selling some JW69 bobble hats in the very near future to raise money for Lee Johnston's F13K Cancer charity which supports the Marie Curie charity.

From his site. :(

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Met him a few times at MCN Spring break Skegness where he was a guest and performing with his band (The Po Boys I think)
    Can only say he was a pleasure to meet and I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery (fingers crossed)

• Like Like x 2
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Wishing Jamie a speedy and full recovery. Going through the same thing with my sis right.

4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Sorry to hear that biglad, hope all goes well for your sis.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    One of my good friends- ex colleague from work - retired April this year to enjoy retirement with his wife. Two weeks after retiring - his wife has been diagnosed with cancer. It makes you realise the fragile, unexpected around the corner. LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL .

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Indeed. My partner is recovering from a kidney cancer removal operation last week (a secondary from another cancer). We don't know what the future will bring so we try to enjoy ourselves as much as possible. It's a truly awful disease not only for the person who has it but for the family and love ones too.
    Hoping Jamie makes a full recovery

• Like Like x 1
  7. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I'm sure I speak for all on this site - all the best to you and yours.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    SWMBO had a lumpectomy almost two years ago because of breast cancer. The whole thing can drive you crazy if you let it. Jeez but we ended up in some dark places from time to time. Good luck and best wishes to all affected by such problems.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    The very BEST OF LUCK, to all who are fighting cancer right now :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    +1 on that biglad, I wish all the cancer would leave us and inflict those who would do us harm, I think you know who I mean:bomb:;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Only problem with that is it would be our NHS that treats them!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Lethal injection wouldn't cost that much, I'd pay for it :skull: